PDA

View Full Version : push or call this river raise?... $1/2 NL stars... anyone fold?

bholdr
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
getting my ass handed to me today...

Stars $1/2 NL 6 max... LAG-ish table so far: avg pot is about $35

I ($240) have 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the small blind. there is a LP caller, button ($325) makes his standard raise of $6, i call, BB folds, LP limper folds. HU to the flop, pot is $16:

2/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets $10, i call. i have no idea how to read this LAG player.

pot is $33. turn is my money card, the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

i check, he bets $30... hmmm... i call.

pot $93. river: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, $50... a 1/2 pot value bet, really... but he raises another $50. Now, I have about $100 left to work with, and i am stumped weather to call his raise, fold, or push for the rest. it really smells like he's value betting me; I can't see what he could do it with other than TT or maybe a bigger flush- the hands i cannot beat... but i am not close to 80% sure so i will at least call. he IS a big-time LAG, however, and could easily have something like A4 ot KT and would call a push... i just call.

thoughts? too hairy to push, but too small to fold, right? how is the thought process?

xorbie
10-26-2005, 10:42 PM
I would check raise the flop, to start. River I usually just call, and then every so often I get fed up with being shown KT and I push and get shown TT. So yeah.

bholdr
10-26-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check raise the flop, to start. River I usually just call, and then every so often I get fed up with being shown KT and I push and get shown TT. So yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered check-raising the flop, but decided against it for three reasons: A: this guy is a for-real lag, if i check raise the flop and then do not make a continuation bet on the turn, he won't give me a free card, and B: i'd seen him underbet the pot with monsters before in an effort to induce bluffs and tie people on, and C: he could re-raise or push the flop and i'd be in a world of pain.

also, i'd been caught making a stupid bluff that way earlier.

As a side note, i generally do not favor check-raising the flop into PF raisers when i hold draws unless they're fairly passive- I'll bet into them and call raises every so often, which, imo, is better for getting lots of action when you hit.

thoughts on that last one?

xorbie
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah most people at 200NL where I play won't raise without TPTK+ if you lead into them but will call with a wide range so I hate leading with a draw in a situation where he often hit the flop.