PDA

View Full Version : Maximising a hands value.

10-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Anybody who has caught my previous posts will know I am realtively new to online play, for those that have not, I am new to online play.

I am having big problems maximising my profits from medium-good hands. Don't want to turn this into a bad beat story but I have been sucked out so many times over the past few weeks that I have got to the point where I am scared of letting my see another card.

e.g

First hand, (everybody has 1500t), blinds 15/30

I am the bb and have Q,9

Flop: Qc,9c,Ah

sb bets 50, I raise to 100, 3 players from the middle psoitions fold, SB calls 50.

Turn 6h,

sb bets 150, as I have no reads, I do not know if he came in with A,6 , I think for a moment, and push all in.

A stupid play ? How stupid ?

I figured if he had a small piece of the flop & turn, he would lay it down, not wanting to put his life on the line on a draw.

However if he did come in with A,6 I have a small possiblity of making the full house.

Second hand that concerns me, same tourney, but blinds are now 25/50, 2 small stacks (less than half the average holding), everybody else is about average.

I have J,9 and limp in from the sb,

Flop: 9,9,K (rainbow),

I check, bb bets 50, which is called by 2 more players, I start to think, somebody must have a K, if they hit another, I lose.

So again I push, BB calls and has AK.

Turn is a J (I have the full house), river is a 9 giving me 4 of a kind.

One of the players who folded to my push starts berating me, I didn't think my play was that bad ?? Obviously with hindsight I would have tried to keep them all limping along, but then I suppose I could have lost chips because if nobodys hand improved the BB would not have called my push.

Was this play stupid ? how stupid ?

Of the two hands, which was played the worse ?

Thanks for all the input.