PDA

View Full Version : Turn call?

Roy6
10-26-2005, 08:49 PM
I have trouble here playing the turn.
No read on villain so I put him on either two pair or a straight. Can I call here the turn if I fold the river UI?

-I don't get the correct odds here to draw just to a Q or a J (8.20:1 needed), and even these outs are tainted if he has the straight.
-I might be good if the board pairs and that counterfeits his 2 pair, but that could also mean he'll have a boat.
Can I say it's more likely he has 78 here and call only if a 5 pairs?

-Can I raise if I hit some of my hands? Obviously if he just checks the river, I can bet if I have improved.
But can I raise if the river is a J/Q/5?
Also, can I fold to a 3-bet then? (I think obviously yes, if the river was a J).

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.00 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB.

jph0424
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
If you call the turn I think you must call the river. It is a close decision on the turn but I probably call down.

If the river is a Q or J I would raise and fold to a 3 bet. A 5 and I am just calling SB's bet.

ArturiusX
10-26-2005, 11:53 PM
I'd give serious consideration to a turn fold.

imported_leader
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No read on villain so I put him on either two pair or a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a problem with this. He could have a lot of other things. A J with a worse kicker, an 8, hearts, and there’s always nothing. The 7 is a good card for him to bluff. It completes a draw and it isn't as likely to help someone then if say a Q had fallen. I would call down here.

JoshuaD
10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't like calling the turn and folding the river. Usually you should make your descision on the turn.

No reads on this board I can find a fold, but next time I'm calling the guy down.

If the board was more drawy I'd be more inclined to see a showdown.