PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Warts

10-26-2005, 08:38 PM
So I've had these same warts for probably over a year now, and THEY HAVEN'T GONE AWAY. I have one on each thumb, and after many, many, many treatments, they're still there.
I've tried everything, the home wart removal kit, the freeze treatment at the doctor(over 15 times probably) and they have even cut them off, only to come back. By the way, those damn freeze treatments are one of the most painful things you will ever feel. It's -398 degrees of Liquid Nitrogen directly on your skin. The pain doesn't go away for a few hours. So other than just going to the doctor religously and experiencing this overwhelming pain, do I have any other options ie. surgery, that aren't painful. My doctor says she thinks we can have them gone by the end of the year, but I don't see it happening, and it hurts too much. What's my play?

10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Get the acid treatment

10-26-2005, 08:43 PM
sounds painful, what do they do (I just shivered)

SackUp
10-26-2005, 08:44 PM
i had much the same problem for a long time. I had bad warts when I was a kid and had treatment on them and they went away after a couple years. Then they recently came back when I was older. They lasted for a couple more years and now have magically completely disappeared. Not really sure what the deal is. Maybe I just grew out of them...I'm 25 now. Hopefully they will not come back. I used the home things and had them frozen at the docs and that did not work either. Maybe I willed them away...dunno? I would keep going to the docs and maybe that will work eventually...and it doesn't hurt that bad. Grow a sack /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tom441lbk
10-26-2005, 08:49 PM
i have them on my fingers as well, it started with one, then i got it removed, by getting it cut out, then it came back along with others, its not really noticeable, i've been thinking about going to the store to get the over the counter stuff

Not really sure what to do about it if that stuff doesn't work though...

gorie
10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
duct tape (http://gbronline.com/rr22/Plantar-Foot-Wart.html)

maybe that will help ? i don't know. i read a lot of good about duct tape removing warts.
but i've had a stupid wart on my foot for over a year now , and been trying duct tape for at least 6 months and hasn't gone away. but i'm not very consistent either.
i have sulfur soap, but not sulfur powder, that might make a difference too. i need to get some powder to try.

daryn
10-26-2005, 08:57 PM
i used to have one on my right index finger.. this was years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone

10-26-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would keep going to the docs and maybe that will work eventually...and it doesn't hurt that bad. Grow a sack /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I must have a bitch of a doctor then because it hurts! I may sound like a puss but since they are on my thumbs, it's almost hard to drive back home after I get them treated. It would be awesome if I just grew out of em
Gorie- The duct tape stuff only helps if they are small and you got them treated at the doctor recently. They say to get them sprayed then wrap them in duct tape. But I think my warts are past that point.

[censored]
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i used to have one on my right index finger.. this way years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus man, years later did you go on to cut your arm off with a pocket knife following a hiking accident?

kipin
10-26-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i used to have one on my right index finger.. this was years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend used to have a bunch of warts on the bottom of his feet. I guess he got sick of looking at them so at night he would pick at them and eventually got rid of them all by removing this black seed you talk about.

Pretty [censored] gross if you ask me.

SackUp
10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i have heard the black part being taken out is key as well, though i've done it and it mostly just hurt like a bitch and did not get rid of mine.

10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
omg if anyone wants to see some nasty [censored]
http://www.forces-of-nature.net/warts/warts_pictures.php
I almost threw up. And no, none of my warts are that bad.

jokerthief
10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I had warts on my foot and went throught the exact same experience as you. What finally worked was soaking my feet in hot water for a month. I did this everyday and the water was as hot as I could stand it. It was very uncomfortable but it worked. The water killed the virus. I don't know if it will work on hands but I would give it a try. I'm still amazed it worked as well as it did considering I was trying everything else for 2 years.

Blarg
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Ugh I've never heard of that black thing before but it sounds scary and weird.

I've had warts before on my hands quite a few times. It does sound gross, but I've gotten rid of them by basically tearing them out repeatedly then brutalizing what's left. Jeez, it bleeds a lot, but once you get out that big bottom of the iceberg of it that's hidden beneath the skin peeled up and pulled out, it's seemed to me you have a better chance to eradicate the thing than if you try to get rid of it by slow degrees. You have to fight very little instead of the whole blob.

When it's gone, I blast the area with rubbing alcohol or peroxide. Frankly, the warts get me so mad I don't care about the sting. And it really does seem to work. Can't go easy on those guys, or they'll never leave.

Aytumious
10-26-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The black thing is basically blood. The wart takes root and nourishes itself by creating a little tube that sucks blood from your body. If you yanked out the black thing, it should have hurt a bit since it goes into your skin moreso than the rest of the wort, plus it should have looked like a little blood vessel.

edtost
10-26-2005, 10:51 PM
have the doctor give you some sort of pain inhibiting shot (novacaine?) in the area of the wart before burning/freezing/cutting it off.

10-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes, once, when she tried something different
Other than that, no, straight up <font color="red">pain </font>