PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a Party VIP offer and have to fight to play NL?

SonOfWestwood
10-26-2005, 08:19 PM
I apoligize for this being off topic, but I figured I'd get a better response this forum.

I've been getting this call from a 206 area code number on my cell the last week or so and I was ignoring it before I finally decided to pick it up today. It was the Party VIP people and they have given me a wonderful offer of $50 for 5000 raked hands in November. The low offer isn't too surprising as I haven't played anything but the occasional 2-table tourney and freeroll multis there the last 3-4 months.

The thing that was surprising was that she first said it had to be at 1/2 limit tables. I said that I play NL50, with .25/.50 blinds, and she said that doesn't count. WTF?? Basically, she was saying I had to play 1/2 limit or higher or, I guess, NL200, that has 1/2 blinds. So, after some complaining, she said that just for me (uh huh...) she will make it so I can clear this at NL50.

Of course, I complained about how they could do that to the NL players. That NL50 is certainly equivalent to 1/2 limit, that 1/2 is their second lowest limit game, as NL50 is their second lowest NL game. Blah blah blah. What a pain.

Anyone else have issues like this?

soah
10-26-2005, 08:51 PM
From what I have read in the rakeback forum, they plan to switch from using raked hands to using party points for clearing these VIP bonuses. Obviously this will be damn near useless to NL players playing at mid-high stakes since the points system is deliberately designed to screw us.

RED FACE
10-26-2005, 10:09 PM
same sort of thing as this I guess...

Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting us.

With regard to your email, we would like to inform you that you can accumulate PartyPoints by playing in live games as well as in tournaments. Depending on the stakes of the tables you play at, you will be earning PartyPoints for live games. You can try playing on higher stake tables so that you can accumulate more PartyPoints.

Please note that you need not redeem your PartyPoints to get the bonus amount but you need to just earn the PartyPoints. You would still have your PartyPoints in your account with which you can play in the free roll tournaments.

For a detailed activity as to how many PartyPoints you earn on the live games please check the following URL

https://secure.partypoker.com/my_account/pc/pc_details_earnpoints.html

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sreelatha
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2005-10-14 11:47
To: support@partypoker.com
Subject: 3000 bonus point promo...[#******]

It took me more than 2 hours of 3 tabling to get almost 100 points.
This means that I must play for well over 60 hours in 26 days to qualify
for this promotion.

Are you guys kidding me?

Email me when you have a real promotion.

thanks
Eric

this is the original promotional email...

Dear ********:

At PartyPoker.com we've got the best ever Party Points offer yet for you.

Pile up the points - collect the cash!
>From Wednesday, October 5 through Monday, October 31, 2005, you can earn 3000 Regular Party Points and receive 140 dollars in cash! You won’t have to sweat it out as this is less play than what you have done before at PartyPoker.com.

We'll automatically deposit the money in your PartyPoker.com account by November 4th if you have met your target. Log in now and start earning those Party Points!

You can check your PartyPoints statement by logging into the My Account section.

dtbog
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this will be damn near useless to NL players playing at mid-high stakes since the points system is deliberately designed to screw us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. why would $0.10/$0.25 NL have the same bonus/points payout as 2/4 NL or 10/20 NL... but 1/2 pays different bonuses than 3/6 limit?