PDA

View Full Version : Total Scum Bags

cardcounter0
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
WASHINGTON - House Republicans voted to cut student loan subsidies, child support enforcement and aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices as various committees scrambled to piece together $50 billion in budget cuts. More politically difficult votes — to cut Medicaid, food stamps and farm subsidies — are on tap.

In other news, Exxon Mobil is getting ready to post over $7 billion in quarterly profits. The rest of the Big Oils are also reporting never before reached record high profits for the quarter.

What else can the average American do, how far can he dig into his pocket, how much more can he tighten his belt, to help out these oil companies? Shouldn't we be thinking about some more tax relief for Big Oil?

lehighguy
10-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Your absolutely right. We should bring corporate tax rates down to zero so the oils don't have any tax advantages over other companies.

Also, student loans suck balls. If they didn't have them my school would simply have upped my scholarship so I could attend. Instead they said I had the loan, so I didn't need extra grants (which I don't have to pay back). Now I have $20,000 I owe in students loans.

theweatherman
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
why would the ruling elite want to give the lower classes any real chance at rising in importance? Its much easier to control thelower ranksof soceity when they are uneducated and sent off to war.

[censored]
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WASHINGTON - House Republicans voted to cut student loan subsidies, child support enforcement and aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices as various committees scrambled to piece together $50 billion in budget cuts. More politically difficult votes — to cut Medicaid, food stamps and farm subsidies — are on tap

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good

[ QUOTE ]

In other news, Exxon Mobil is getting ready to post over $7 billion in quarterly profits. The rest of the Big Oils are also reporting never before reached record high profits for the quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good

thanks for the uplifting post I needed some good news

MMMMMM
10-26-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would the ruling elite want to give the lower classes any real chance at rising in importance?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nonsense; your so-called "ruling elite" are too busy worrying about their OWN problems and lives to be concerned with keeping any one else down (much less an entire strata of people).

lehighguy
10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I agree. The liberal agenda is brilliant. It ensures a permanet support base of disenfranchised.

cardcounter0
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Amazingly ignorant.

cut student loan subsidies - perhaps the one thing the govt. does do with its money that has long term benefits to all of society. A better educated population is good for all, and has large long term paybacks on the money invested.

child support enforcement - Geeez. Last I checked Republicans were against abortion, but once the kid is born let's make sure they suffer. Besides Kids can't vote, soooo.... they only thing more gutless would be to take Grandma's medicine away from her, oh wait, reducing medicare is next on the list.

Aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices - Yes, let's do all we can to make sure the Chinese destroy the entire economy.

Be sure to give the gas station a large tip with your next fill-up. Or maybe just mail a check to Saudi. The Bush's will thank you.

elwoodblues
10-26-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, student loans suck balls. If they didn't have them my school would simply have upped my scholarship

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. No doubt about it, that's what they would have done.

I wonder why people get full tuition scholarships if the school could just say "get a loan" for some of it.

cardcounter0
10-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Obviously he wasn't majoring in Economics. If he was, he needs to get a refund!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cardcounter0
10-26-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to be concerned with keeping any one else down (much less an entire strata of people).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they have a whole agenda and policy to do just that.

10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
[censored] each and every rich republican who doesnt understand how hard it is for people from poor backgrounds to go to school, even if they are intelligent and score well on entrance exams.

and while Im at if, [censored] lower middle class republicans too (including my parents) they should know better.

lehighguy
10-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Once my school decides they want someone they do a calculation:

Tuition - Contribution (calculation based on family income) = Need

They meet need through grants, loans, and outside scholarships. They always meet need. If I were to be awarded an outside scholarship for $10,000 they would simply reduce my grant by $10,000. Effectively, there is no point in applying for outside scholarships and thus I never did. Since the government awarded me loans, this reduced the grant portion of my need allocation.

cardcounter0
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
You should write your school. If you took any classes in Business, economics, accounting, or even logic or math, they owe you a refund.

DVaut1
10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. The liberal agenda is brilliant. It ensures a permanet support base of disenfranchised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comrade Weatherman, and anyone else who this may concern: the “Keep the Poor Disenfranchised to Maintain a Base of Support” is Chapter 5 of the Official Liberal Agenda Handbook, right after "How to Dominate the Media" and directly before "How to Control the Nation's Colleges and Universities".

Clearly, subjugating the poor is in Our best interests - at least, that's what the Liberal Overlords tell us.

As standard Liberal Policy, however - remember that the Liberal Agenda is to remain extremely classified, and you are only to drop hints of Our Plan to the paranoid members of the right, who have seemingly figured Us out, and have been exposing Our devious and underhanded tactics on internet message boards, talk radio, Michelle Malkin’s blog, and the like. The hints will be dropped as merely a diversionary tactic, until the time is ripe for Us to unleash godless Marxist fascism on the unsuspecting, unwashed American rabble We so thoroughly deride from Our ivory towers and limousines.

The hint dropping, while potentially dangerous, is not particularly a threat, as We control the MSM with an iron fist. All I ask is that you continuously review the Liberal Agenda, as such lapses (forgetting Our “Keep the Poor Disenfranchised to Maintain a Base of Support” Plan, for instance) is an egregious violation of Liberal Policy.

If you need supplemental reading material to help with your review, please consult two other Liberal Plans, which are required reading for all who praise The Agenda: the “Great Ones (liberals) Rule Everything" Plan and the "Controlling Liberals Intent (on the) Never-ending Tyranny (of) Our Nation” Plan.

End communication

-------------------------------------

http://www.roysongs.com/images/misc/hammer_sickle.jpg

10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...Chapter 5 of the Official Liberal Agenda Handbook...

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. My money was on Mao's (may he continue to get "extra crispy" where he now resides) Little Red Book. (The name of which I think he lifted from Harvey Pennick.)

Do I at least get a box of Rice-A-Roni? Or a home version of the game?

DVaut1
10-26-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I at least get a box of Rice-A-Roni? Or a home version of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. However, you will be recieving the sequel to "Controlling Liberals Intent (on the) Never-ending Tyranny (of) Our Nation”, which should hopefully be arriving sometime in '08, once we begin enacting some of the most treacherous parts of Our Plan.

The end is near, America. Our overlord will soon reveal him (or her) self.

10-26-2005, 09:26 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh, well, there's always Wheel of Fortune, I guess.

Vanna, oh Vaaaaaannnnnna! Where are ya darlin'?

lehighguy
10-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Well at least I'm giving you credit, saying your brilliant evil genuises.

The other option is you are incompetent harmful misguided do-gooders.

bholdr
10-26-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What else can the average American do, how far can he dig into his pocket, how much more can he tighten his belt, to help out these oil companies?

[/ QUOTE ]

buy some oil company stocks? people tend to forget that the middle class in the US owns a whole lot of those 'evil corperations' that are supposed to be fleecing avarage america...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have "liberals" confused with "religion".

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm laffin'. A lot!!!

DVaut1
10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously - and I disagree with the latter whole-heartedly - but if either is true, it's definitely the latter, and it's not even close.

The former sounds pretty cool, IMO.

ACPlayer
10-27-2005, 02:22 AM
You should oppose all government funding of education. They distort the prices at which the serice is offered.

This includes school vouchers.

natedogg
10-27-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] each and every rich republican who doesnt understand how hard it is for people from poor backgrounds to go to school, even if they are intelligent and score well on entrance exams.

and while Im at if, [censored] lower middle class republicans too (including my parents) they should know better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of your mind. Getting a college degree is simply a first-line filter on basic competency. Anyone with any amount of drive can do it. Anyone.

There's so much freakin money available, loans, and schools willing to take your money, there is no one in this country who wants to get a degree and can't.

Not one.

natedogg

natedogg
10-27-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should oppose all government funding of education. They distort the prices at which the service is offered.

This includes school vouchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. you don't actually believe that anyway

2. you don't think undercutting the competition by operating *at a massive loss* does anything to distort the education market? Maybe just a little?

The arguments against vouchers are specious. Every one of them.

natedogg

ACPlayer
10-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Actually I do believe that government funding of *anything* distorts the pricing of that good or service. Higher education is a clear example of that.

I have said so consistently.

I also believe that public funding of education should be eliminated or at least reduced and that the public education system needs significant overhaul.

The arguments for vouchers from one who believes in minimal government and free markets smack of either hypocrisy or intellectual dishonesty.