PDA

View Full Version : Deep stacked 2/4 AA

ukpokerplayer
10-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, please tell me and I will remove it.

2/4NL, I have $1200, villain has $950.

There are 5 (YES FIVE) people posting blinds and dead money, so approx $30 in the pot before any cards dealt.

I get dealt AcAs UTG, and raise it to $30 more.

All fold to the BB, who calls me. BB is a decent player, TAG.

(Approx $90 in the pot)

Flop comes 3h3c4h

He checks, I bet $65, he insta calls. ($220 in pot)

Turn is 9s.

He checks, I bet $140 he insta calls.

River is Jc

He bets $100 in to me. Whats my play here? Call or raise, and if so to how much?

hit_the_set
10-26-2005, 07:15 PM
looks,feels and smells like a blocking bet. I would raise it to 300.

10-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Smells like TT 88 or a similar small overpair that wants a cheap showdown with the J overcard.

I like raising to 300 as the other guy stated but folding to a raise. If he's tricky, I'd rather just flat call for the worry of being c/r bluffed.

TheWorstPlayer
10-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Very easy call.

10-26-2005, 07:25 PM
raise to 250-300 and fold to a reraise

Chris Daddy Cool
10-26-2005, 07:28 PM
for those advocating a raise, what do you expect to get called by? and by putting in all that money in a raise, getting a good price, can you fold to a push?

not asking in an authoritative way, just asking as a guy learning the game.

ahnuld
10-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Maybe this is a huge mistake but I think I push and expect KK QQ to make a crying call 90% of the time.

Big_Jim
10-26-2005, 07:30 PM
I expect KK QQ to re-raise PF 90% of the time.

Just call his bet. If you had air, i would say raise it.

TheWorstPlayer
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for those advocating a raise, what do you expect to get called by? and by putting in all that money in a raise, getting a good price, can you fold to a push?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, shut up, you know you would wipe the floor with Party 2/4. And this hand is really an easy call. I can't understand people who are looking to raise here with deepish stacks left, that is just not a good idea. And the more I play 2/4 the more I realise it has no business in MHNL forum.

ukpokerplayer
10-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I called. I was pretty surprised, he did infact turn over KK.

TheWorstPlayer
10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. You got the max.

Big_Jim
10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
If he was planning on calling a raise... your read of him as "Decent Player" is off.

flawless_victory
10-26-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. You got the max.

[/ QUOTE ]BS...
sooo obvious this guy has QQ/KK.
easy easy river raise.

TheWorstPlayer
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. You got the max.

[/ QUOTE ]BS...
easy easy river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Most people won't call a raise with KK/QQ here. Other people will push all in with KK/QQ here. Other people will have a 3 or 44 or JJ. I really don't see the up-side to raising. And if you raise, are you folding to a push? Blech.

flawless_victory
10-26-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. You got the max.

[/ QUOTE ]BS...
easy easy river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Most people won't call a raise with KK/QQ here. Other people will push all in with KK/QQ here. Other people will have a 3 or 44 or JJ. I really don't see the up-side to raising. And if you raise, are you folding to a push? Blech.

[/ QUOTE ]the guy 100 into 500... OPs sucky flop bet led to this problem... he should try to play a big pot here, so bet 100+ on the flop against most... and get it in there!
as played, i would raise river 500 more. id call if he put in his last $23.

mgsimpleton
10-26-2005, 08:55 PM
looks like a blocking bet TT,QQ, KK i raise this river... either he folds a worse pocket pair or he calls with an overpair but i'm 95% sure you're ahead so raise.

ukpokerplayer
10-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah I played it like a bit of a pussy. I just didnt think the guy had a big hand like QQ/KK.

I was pretty certain he had either a missed flush, or a pair below JJ.

I thought the only way I would end up all in here is if i was behind. (That is before the river).

On the river I didnt want to have to call a big reraise and dint think I would get a call on a raise.

I like the way you said QQ/KK instantly on your first post, when I didnt even consider them /images/graemlins/smile.gif Back to the noob forum I go.

TheWorstPlayer
10-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I still don't see why they think KK/QQ is more likely than, say JJ or 99. People dont' get tricky with overboats? People don't weak lead the river? I guess those points are valid, but I think it is not that likely that you are ahead 50% of the time or more WHEN HE CALLS.

Spladle Master
10-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Call. A raise here is just plain silly. I very much doubt that he will call any raise you make unless he is extremely bad. So basically the only hands you should be raising in this spot are bluffs and boats.

Note that the conclusion reached in the above paragraph assumes a few things about your opponent. If you think he will make this bet thinking that you'll only be raising bluffs and boats, he might pay off a raise with KK or QQ since it's statistically more likely that you'd have air.

Also, consider making larger bets on the earlier streets. This is a personal preference of mine and not absolutely and always correct. But I really think it would have helped you win more money in this hand (and I'm pretty sure you won). If he rivered jacks full then that sucks.

jzpiano14
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, shut up, you know you would wipe the floor with Party 2/4. And this hand is really an easy call. I can't understand people who are looking to raise here with deepish stacks left, that is just not a good idea. And the more I play 2/4 the more I realise it has no business in MHNL forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude calm down....guy was just asking a question no reason to get bent out of shape

mgsimpleton
10-27-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude calm down....guy was just asking a question no reason to get bent out of shape

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ all the people who quote sh-t here when they just have no clue what the OP meant. it's funny. also, do you guys not understand people when they use colloquial speech in real life?

also this hand is still a raise. with that action you are beat close to never so take that margin of never, double it (10% or more) and if he looks you up it's +EV. He will look you up way more. I mean this whole thing started because you raised big to pick up dead limper money right, so there's the whole idea of a facade behind the whole thing to begin. Raise, and it isn't close.

Hattifnatt
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Make it 300 and fold to a push.