PDA

View Full Version : 86s in BB

10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I really think I misplayed this, but not sure where.

5-handed, Hero has 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB.

UTG is loose-aggressive PF (40, 15), passive postflop.
No read on Btn.

UTG raises, Btn calls, Hero calls. (6SB)

flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, UTG bets, Btn calls, Hero calls (4.5BB)

turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked through

river: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, UTG bets, Btn calls, Hero folds

Also, what's the deal with converting Absolute hands? Bison's converter doesn't work?

Stefan_K
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
fold preflop

checkrais flop

call river

irishpint
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be a big mistake against a loose/agg pf who is very passive post flop. hero is getting 5:1 with s00ted 1 gappers, and his 8 and 6 outs are probably clean, too.

numeri
10-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Try this version: bisonbison's converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi).

You need to reorder the positions. Check out this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3742022&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) for details.

As far as the hand goes, that's crappy position to try and drive out Button. I think we have the best hand on the flop here a significant amount of time. Maybe donk bet the flop and hope UTG raises and drives out button, then call down from there?

10-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Well I was going to c/r the flop, but Btn called the bet, which scared me. When the Q hit on the turn, I was prepared to fold. 5 hits the river, and I may have called UTG's bet on the river, but since the Btn called his best, I decided not to overcall. UTG had 55.

In retrospect, I wish I had called the flop bet, and donked the turn.

kelvin474
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi Vincent,

I was just thinking "call flop, donk that turn" when I saw this. If it goes anything other than fold, fold to that donk, then I say check and call (but don't overcall) the river. Yes?

10-26-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Vincent,

I was just thinking "call flop, donk that turn" when I saw this. If it goes anything other than fold, fold to that donk, then I say check and call (but don't overcall) the river. Yes?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, sounds good

imported_leader
10-26-2005, 10:23 PM
The only I think I would do differently is call the river.

Victor
10-26-2005, 10:53 PM
fold preflop.

fold flop.

nice river.

everyone else in this thread is welcome at my table.

Lmn55d
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I call preflop. Anybody other than Victor think that's a leak? I think it's fine but I'd be willing to reconsider.

imported_leader
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call preflop. Anybody other than Victor think that's a leak? I think it's fine but I'd be willing to reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine once button calls. 86s is about the wrost I'll call thou.

ArturiusX
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I like the preflop call.

Postflop, I attempt a check-raise, but since it went bet/call I fold it. We're not going to like many turn/river cards, and we're probably only winning by showing it down.

Matt Jenko
10-27-2005, 05:27 AM
What are your minimum requirements for calling here then at 5:1? I might even go slightly lower than this, 67s, 56s, 75s at a push.

10-27-2005, 05:34 AM
While you describe the UTG as laggy, his PFR is only 15%. For him to be raising utg, I'm guessing that means he still has some sort of standard for raising. Since your out of position, I think its best to just let the UTG and Button duke it out one-on-one-stylez

Victor
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are your minimum requirements for calling here then at 5:1? I might even go slightly lower than this, 67s, 56s, 75s at a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

to an utg raiser with 15pfr i am folding most of these. mebbe not 67s and higher. i would call if the raise was from the button or co.

anyone advocating proceeding after the flop is throwing money away. calling flop and donking the turn is just throwing your money away.