PDA

View Full Version : dangers of playing two tables at once / a good story

Al_Capone_Junior
06-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Now I am not one for playing two tables at once. It's probably OK if you have two monitors, and can keep the games on separate monitors, but I don't. My monitor is a little piece of cheeze. It's impossible to play your absolute best in two games at once anyway. You might as well just play double the stakes in one game. It also slooooooooooooooooooooooows down the games big time, because many people do this, but can't seem to do it in a reasonably fast manner. I wish none of the sites would let you play in more than one game at once.

Nevertheless... There's a good story from today I thought I'd share.

Today I'm playing on paradise. I'm waiting for a tournament to start. I'm seated, but waiting for it to fill. Meanwhile, I'm playing in a ring game. The tournament starts, but I'm involved in a hand in the ring game. It's only two hands till my blind, so I figure I'll play the last two, then quit. It flashes me to the tournament and I fold the first hand. Then I'm playing my UTG hand on the ring game screen. Someone bets on the flop and I go to call.

Except that it switches to the tournament screen so fast that I don't notice. As a coincidence, I was seated in the same seat on both tables.

Next thing you know, I can't figure out where the hell I got a pair of jacks, because I had AQs in the ring game. However, I have not only called a big (110) raise on the tournament table, but now the flop has occurred, and I have checked top set on a ragged rainbow board. The guy on my left (I was the SB) has already bet 200 and there was a caller. The button had gone all-in and it was up to me. So naturally, I called. I win a $2400 pot on my second hand, completely by accident, knocking the button out (with his measly little pair of aces). I don't even know how I checked, it must have been because I checked in the ring game and it flashed to the tournament (and back) so quickly and I didn't notice.

I should remark that I have accidentally called bets that I did NOT want to call playing in two games at once. That's why I don't do it anymore.

And I should also say that if you are one of those people who plays two at once, HURRY THE HELL UP, DON'T SLOW UP MY GAME. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
Al

dux
06-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Good story...I'll spoil it with some advice on a better way to play two tables (unless you are on small resolution like 800x600, when this isn't possible). Align the tables differently. That way the buttons are in different areas, and you will notice when you flip windows.

I do realise you were waiting for a tournament to fill, and that you don't like people playing two tables, I just thought I'd post it. So there you go.

Oh yeah and True Poker only lets you use one table at a time...

glass
06-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Yesterday I was playing 2 ring games and accidently raised utg with T7o. Luckily I only got one caller who folded to my flop bet.

Hung
06-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I play two tables and you'll never notice that I am playing two tables.
Awhile ago I told a similar story. I played a ring game and a tourny. I didn't react on time and my hand got folded. I had KK and the flop was KJx The other guys had QQ and JJ. I would have won a huge pot and I'm sure I could have made the final table with that amount of chips. It was a $50 multitable tourny at stars. I wonder where my timer was. You usally get $60 seconds timer. But that time my hand just folded.
argh... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

smd
06-10-2003, 09:59 AM
If you are going to play two tables, you must offset the windows so the buttons on each table are at a different level vertically on the screen. It sounds like you had them one on top of the other. With even a halfway decent resolution you can see most of both tables.

Legend27
06-11-2003, 05:43 AM
I play 6 tables at once usually when I play and I don't slow down any of my tables. If some one is playing 2 tables at once and is going slow then they just aren't paying attention to what's going on. I play on one computer and use whatever the default resolution, whatever that it is. I stack the tables around so that it's not possible for me to hit the wrong button if one of the tables pops while I'm in a hand at another table.

Fishy
06-11-2003, 06:03 AM
For about 5 hrs, ppl keep on trying to take advantage of me:) a few of the tables were shorthanded, but they made more errors trying to change strategy, while I simply played ABC with some D.

It was really funny, I was chatting and laughing together with them as well, everybody wondered how I couldn't hit the wrong buttons:)
Didn't slowdown the site at all. Up $500 overall.

Legend27
06-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Plays six tables at once short handed is whole different ball game. I wouldn't be able to any where near 6 tables at once short handed.

Fishy
06-11-2003, 06:29 AM