PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead, tear me a new one -- Part II....and handreading

Tyler Durden
06-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Online 2-4 game.

Two EP limpers to me, I raise, MP coldcalls, cutoff coldcalls, button 3-bets, SB folds, BB calls, the first limper folds, the rest call...

18 small bets in the pot.
Six players see the flop.

Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gifJ /forums/images/icons/spade.gif6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif.

The first two check, I bet, MP calls, cutoff folds, button raises, BB coldcalls, EP coldcalls, I 3-bet, now MP folds and the rest call.

31 small bets in the pot. 4 players see the turn.

Turn is K/forums/images/icons/heart.gif.
BB bets out. EP calls, I raise, button 3-bets, BB calls, EP folds, I call.

River is 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif.

Incredibly, the three of us checked it through.

The pot was $102 for the winner.

Any comments on the play, guesses on what we had?

GrinningBuddha
06-09-2003, 07:39 PM
How about this...

You have K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif or K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif
Button has A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
BB has T9 suited and takes it down with the straight. Possibly AT suited or non-suited, same result.

BB was scared (rightly so) of the boat on the river. You didn't have it, so you checked, and button didn't have it, and didn't make his flush either, so he checked since he knew a bet wouldn't win it for him.

elysium
06-09-2003, 08:28 PM
hi tyler
button has AA; bb has KTs, and you have AK looks like a possible spades.

slavic
06-09-2003, 11:25 PM
BB has KT if he had T9 he should have capped the turn so KT for the busted straight or possibly Kxs spades. KT seems most likely.

Button has AQ or AA (likely AA)

Hero has KQ or AA (likely KQ)

Tyler Durden
06-09-2003, 11:52 PM
I shouldn't have posted this as a handreading exercise. It's hard to put me on the correct hand b/c I played it quite badly.

I won the pot.

slavic
06-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Oh then I put you on JJ and shame on you for playing your set so poorly. Cap the turn, bet the river. Flop non cap is forgivable.

Or was this a 72o fire up the crowd hand?

JTG51
06-10-2003, 02:28 AM
JJ for you, KT for BB, AsKs for Button?

CMangano
06-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Button has KQs but not spades. I am guessing the 6 on the river had him sacred that his 2 pair was no good.

BB has AK of spades. He passively played his flush draw, then bet when he made top pair, then passively played when he realized top pair was no good.

You have JJ. I really hope I am wrong, lol.