PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever "returned" a haircut?

10-26-2005, 04:27 PM
I just got back from my barber of several years and noticed I had received a really sub-par cut. I usually get it really short and for some reason this time it barely looks like I got it cut. I didn't notice this at all in the barber in the far away mirror. He was also rushed as there was like 5 people waiting. Is it ever acceptable to return back for a quick fix? Whats my time schedule? I need guidance from those bold people who have returned their haicut.

10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
It depends on your relationship with the barber. I wouldn't go more than 2 days, but I think waiting 24 hours is approximately the right time. And yes, I've done this.

Argus
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it ever acceptable to return back for a quick fix? Whats my time schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. 3-days. I've never had the balls to do it, I just have a 2 strikes and you're out rule.

Blarg
10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Yes, it's absolutely cool. I've even had several haircuts where the stylist said, if you don't like the way I did it or if it grows in wrong, just come back for a free trim or fix-up.

Now, if you wait a long time, it becomes just another haircut and kind of a scam on your part. But if you go in real soon, he probably won't think anything of it, and just try to do the right thing.

I never asked, when I was offered a fix-up if I didn't like it after a little while. Just a sense of professionalism and wanting to keep the customer happy, I guess.

TheMainEvent
10-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Why would I have the same person try to fix it if they did a shitty job in the first place?

10-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Because its a one time odd occurence from a dependable barber you've been going to for years.

I'm thinking it may be best to allow just enough time for all the people who were in there at the time to clear out and head back. I'm also assuming a small tip is in order..but I just tipped him an hour ago so who knows.

10-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Have to update to inspire those who couldn't quite get themselves to return..

I went back after I thought everyone who was there when I first went would have cleared out. This was to avoid painting a poor image or having an awkward situation with other customers. After a "whats up" look from the barber, I just stated I wanted it a little shorter and it was no problem at all. To conclude, if you have a solid relationship with your barber, do not hesitate to go back. I recommend the time schedule I followed it worked out well.

A_Junglen
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Once...it wasn't a problem. Just gave'em the reciept. It was at a national haircut chain, not like a local guy.

Indiana
10-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't want to tar my relationship with my stylist for a measly $20 haircut. He's pretty cool.

Indy

Mvcode3
10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Who has a stylist?

Indiana
10-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Don't even start trying to put me on a gay guy. I went to great clips for years and paid $12 for a cut. I just met this cool "stylist/barber" and started going to him. No big deal, I just pay a little more and get a better cut.

Indy

Klepton
10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
i went to boston when i was around 13 with my dad. we visited some type of family member who owned a salon. they got the newest stylist to cut my hair. i was so overloaded with plane rides and new towns and snow that i didn't notice she cut my hair really off balance.

luckily my dad did and the next day the owner cut my hair back to normal. yay.

steelcmg
10-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I have my own personal stylist. My GF cuts hair and i get my hair cut every 2 weeks. Its so much nicer then paying 15$ every 2 weeks to get it cut.

tinga81
10-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Cut your own hair.

dabluebery
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
I went through a phase a few years ago when I was in between barbers. I got a terrible haircut from one place, and then decided never to go back. It was so bad that upon leaving, I drove directly to another barber and had it fixed. The place I drove to became my regular stop.

Superfluous Man
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes. When I get a bad haircut, I pick up some of the "floor hair" and throw it in the barber's face. Then I yell "SNIP IT BIATCHES" and run out the door without paying.

This is, in effect, "returning" the haircut, right?