PDA

View Full Version : Ugh - Turn decision

ipp147
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
FR $200 buy-in game online.

Very loose passive preflop and quite loose passive postflop.

3 limpers and I limp with JTT7s. Another limper or and the BB raises to 7.

Ends up being 4 (SB, BB, Hero, Button) to the flop with $35 ish in the pot. PFR has about the pot left. Others have around $150 and I cover.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I don't have hearts.

SB Checks, BB checks, I pot. Button calls. SB Calls. BB folds.

3 to the turn - pot = $140 K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB Checks. I?

chipbrave
10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
i'm guessing another pot bets puts anyone all in. Are these guys gonna call w/a flush draw? Do you think they would of raised w/any set? Did you pick up spade draw? If you check, are they gonna move in? If someone else bets are you gonna call? If so, then I say move in.

Simplistic
10-27-2005, 12:25 AM
I check here. if you bet you will likely be called by set/flush draw. you currently have a pair of tens that is hoping to improve to a straight.

clean outs are 2 6s, 2 Qs, possibly 1 T. or 2 J.

pot is big but I check hoping for a cheap showdown. I'm not going to get my money in as a big dog.

joewatch
10-27-2005, 01:41 AM
This is a tricky one. Do you think BB has KKxxs /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Then check-fold. If you think BB has AAxx /images/graemlins/heart.gif, then you pot it. Reading your opponents is THE most important skill in any form of poker.

ipp147
10-27-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a tricky one. Do you think BB has KKxxs /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Then check-fold. If you think BB has AAxx /images/graemlins/heart.gif, then you pot it. Reading your opponents is THE most important skill in any form of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Joe,

A couple of things.

The BB folded the flop.

I can't see anyone on KKxx on that flop they would generally repot it at this site.

I basically figured they were both on drawing hands or 2 pair+draw type hands. They is possibly only a 40-60% chance of me getting them to fold a 2 pair hand on this turn.

fuzzbox
10-27-2005, 05:12 AM
You - should have folded the flop, and you check now and give up asap.

ipp147
10-27-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I bet the flop. You think I should have checked the flop? Check called?

fuzzbox
10-27-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I bet the flop. You think I should have checked the flop? Check called?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/folded.
You have no hearts, you have two TT in your hand, so you are blocking yourself somewhat. JhTh7h all make a flush, so you really have somewhat of a trouble hand here.

Why are you trying to get involved?
How much do you believe you can win? What if a 7 comes and you bet and get raised all-in ... are you happy with this outcome?

fuzzbox
10-27-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in gods name are you supposed to ascertain whether a guy has AAxx or KKxx with hearts, from an online game where you have bet pot and been called?

What if his A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif is the hand? How do you like your hand now?

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in gods name are you supposed to ascertain whether a guy has AAxx or KKxx with hearts, from an online game where you have bet pot and been called?

What if his A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif is the hand? How do you like your hand now?

[/ QUOTE ]if he had this, i will cut off one of fingers.

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 12:24 PM
PF, flop fine... turn check it and hope for the freebie.. if someone bets pot, let it go.

10-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I check this flop and call only if the pot odds are right, and it seems like a no brainer to me...