PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Sledding - Break This Record

10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
So one summer a few friends and me invented this sport. Basically I say "It would be awesome if we attached a sled to the back of my car and drove around with someone on it." Everybody laughs. I suggest that my friend who will do anything for a laugh b e the first one. He says no. I repeat my request. Still says no. One more time, his willpwoer gives in and we have ourselves a sport.

Now keep in mind this is the middle of the summer, so there is no snow or ice. We start out in his driveway going real slow. By the end of the first night we have all done it, and the world record is 30 MPH.

A few weeks go by, we do it a couple more times in the driveway. Eventually we go back to school and people start hearing about it. It becomes a town phenomenon with tons of people doing it all the time. By the time we finally quit (becuase it had gotten too big, and becuase we had been threatened with cops being calle d by neighbors) the world speed record was up to >60 MPH and over at least a half mile stretch. I sitll have scars on my body today from this.

Over this summer we had a revival planned, to break the record by going 70+ on a local highway ramp. Unfortunately the even never came to fruition becuase the ramp collapsed a few days before the event.

Can anyone break this record? I would lvoe to see it done.

joshman1204
10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
there was a stunt man who did this as his specialty and I think his record was 170+ but I cant find any info on google about him.

10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Thats disgusting. 60 was ridiculous. Especially since we had a metal framed sled (the plastic ones top out at 45 or so) so the whole thing was basically on fire. Our riders dprotection included alcothes and an old motorcycle helmet we found on the road.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I think the best part is how the record-breaking attempt was foiled by the highway ramp collapsing.

I had a couple less-than-intelligent friends freshman year who liked to do this, but at least it was with snow. They got thrown out of several parking lots. Neither of them made it past freshman year. The one I knew better than the other said his goal in life was to be a shop teacher.

10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
One can only imagine the ensuing disatser if the ramp collapses while were doing it.

theweatherman
10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
wow, I saw an extremely similar post in another thread in OOT earlier today. Thats really wierd, is this a made up embelishment of that other post or what? Pretty lame if it is.

I give this post 1/2 of a star (out of 5) for lack of imagination.

EDIT:
here's the link: super modified sledding (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3782168&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

10-26-2005, 06:14 PM
?? Interesting conisdering you are the one who holds the record, and that other post is by your other account. I thought youd feel respected from this post.