PDA

View Full Version : Party pokers new improved bankroll protection for donkeys

10-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I am a long time winning player in the 215's. Call me the donkey but I am having a hard time convincing myself that the game is not rigged to protect certain players from losing their rolls too fast. As a disclaimer, I also believe that when I am winning it is also rigged. I will always go on a winning streak after a prolonged ass kicking.

You just KNOW you (the professional) are going to get sucked out on when you challenge the player who has a "protected" bankroll. The good news is the Protected bankroll player is easy to spot. Here are his characteristics:

He is usually the chip leader by getting his chips in the middle as a dog.

He sucks out on pros 100% of the time but his hands play fair vs. other losing players.

When you challenge him preflop your flops are almost always very close. For example AKs vs Aj flop AQK...3...10. It’s rare to get crushed by this opponent when you raise or call all in with the best hand. I call them "gee I was so close" flops

His stats are either bad or they more commonly look like these:

Wins 639 (41.39%)
Losses 905 (58.61%)
Average Buy-In $34.49
Players with better winning percentage 154142
Players with worse winning percentage 610548
$200 Table: 2 wins / 13 losses / 13.33% wins
$100 Table: 36 wins / 74 losses / 32.73% wins
$50 Table: 55 wins / 68 losses / 44.72% wins
$30 Table: 411 wins / 519 losses / 44.19% wins
$20 Table: 57 wins / 101 losses / 36.08% wins
$10 Table: 76 wins / 126 losses / 37.62% wins
$5 Table: 2 wins / 4 losses / 33.33% wins

In this case he moved up the ranks fast because he had good luck at the lower levels. He is losing his roll fast at the higher limits and needs to win to stay alive. I have seen way too many pros getting destroyed by these types and they are now playing lower limits because of it. Some pros are 2+2ers who will not likely want to confirm my conspiracy theory but I personally have witnessed it happen to them.

Why would they pick on stt players? I cant comment on any other games but i know STT players have way more endurance then ring game and MTT players. Most higher limit ring game players limit their play to 40 hours or less per week. I personally have played 17 hours straight without getting sick of playing poker. Add to this endurance playing 4-8 tables and you have the recipe for games drying up fast. Party would be stupid not to protect their average recreational players from us. 215 pros tell me I am an idiot or if you have experienced something similiar. If you are a winning poker player or a losing poker player at any other limits your opinion doesnt matter to me nor are you qualified to respond so go back to your 8 tabling the $10's, biatches.

downtown
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Thank God I play the 55s and that I'm therefore unqualified to respond.

Nicholasp27
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
i'll answer you if u can tell me: "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2003/images/bridgekeeper.jpg

citanul
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
yeah, no.

c

edit: seconded... I'm editing cit's post instead of replying on my own because I don't want to bump it

DMACM
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a disclaimer, I also believe that when I am winning it is also rigged. I will always go on a winning streak after a prolonged ass kicking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are they rigging it for you? sure is nice of them.