PDA

View Full Version : check out what came in to my business e-mail a few days ago

eugeneel
06-09-2003, 05:00 PM
(I run a poker informational website)

Sir,

URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

I was the chairman of contract review panel in my country before the problem of the
land reform program in my country Zimbabwe. Before the escalation of the situation
in Zimbabwe I recovered $16.8Million US dollars from over inflated contracts by some
government officials. But I was a member of the opposition party the MDC (Movement
for Democratic Change), and the ruling Party, (ZANU PF) has been against us. So I
had to flee the country for a neighbouring African Country which I am currently
residing.

Before the escalation of the situation in Zimbabwe I had not reported the recovery
of my findings to the panel. So this money was in my possession and I lodged it in a
security company here in Africa and currently this money has been moved to their
security branch in Europe. I have been trying to fly to Europe but it has been
difficult for me to get a visa from Africa. So I want you to help me make claims of
this fund($16m) in Europe as my beneficiary and transfer the money to your account
or any account of your choice before I can get a visa to fly down. So that we can
share this money.

I have agreed to give you 10%,which would be ($1.6Million dollars) of this Money for
your assistance, and 87% would be mine and the other 3% would be set aside for any
expenses that we may incure during the
course of this transaction. And part of my 87% would be invested in your country in
any profitable business propossed by you. While a large part of my share will be
also be used to help the suffering people of my country.

We have never met, but I want to trust you and please do not let me down when this
fund finally gets into your account. Please if you are interested, get to me through
my email address to enable me feed you with more details and all necessary
documentations.

Please treat this as confidential

Best regards.

Plzr
06-09-2003, 05:18 PM
It's hard to believe anyone who has been online for more than a week or two is having this scam pitched to them for the first time! Oh well, welcome to the club. Just delete it and set your spam filter to block it.
Sadly some people actually fall for this scam. It just proves that there is no real shortage of suckers out there I guess.

bentlyman
06-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Check out egeneel's own posts in the Internet Gambling forum.

They have the same theme as the article he posted above. Very Ironic.

Buyer beware if you go to his web-site... he gets a cut of any referral to any of the sites(See related posts in Internet Forum)

Eugene, you should think of changing your first name, and go by the nickname "Chip". Then your full name would be Chip Leader. Imagine what this would do to your table image, especially in tourneys.

-------
Bently

eugeneel
06-11-2003, 01:29 AM
thank you for bringing more attention to my earlyer post. I will probobly get another sign up just for that... Keep it up and I will have to make a deal to give u a share of the profits.