PDA

View Full Version : an okay hand - 8/16 Live - 7 handed

brick
10-26-2005, 02:13 PM
7 handed 8/16 Live.
UTG folds.
EP1 and EP2 limp. they have been playing trash. I raise QJo from the button. I have been playing tight.

SB and BB call. Limpers call. 5 way, 10sb

Flop: J 8 9 rainbow

check to me and I bet. All call.

Turn: J (puts flush draw on board)

Check to me. I bet. SB check-raises. He is an average player. BB thinks and calls. He is an average player too.
Other fold. (When I say average they limp a bit much, call a bit much, but they don't stand out as being great players)

3-bet?

sean c
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
I would i can't imagine your behind both i assume one is still drawing and more likely to put bets in on the turn than the river and if your behind either you have tons of re draws against a straight and some winning re draws against a better jack and some chopping draws also. I wouldn't be suprised to see JT here either.

Perseus
10-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I would call and then raise a great river or call an OK river...or fold a terrible river.

Best case scenerio is you fill up, Sb bets, BB calls and you raise them both.

sean c
10-26-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call and then raise a great river or call an OK river...or fold a terrible river.

Best case scenerio is you fill up, Sb bets, BB calls and you raise them both.

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB is on a draw i don't see him paying a river bet with a missed hand. I could be wrong but his hand just screams i'm still drawing.

droolie
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say yes to the three bet. You're getting good overlay from BB and he might fold a live draw to a cap or at bear minimum call when drawing, which is good for you most times as you're most likley still ahead and he won't put in any money on the river if he misses.

brick
10-26-2005, 04:02 PM
I agree that BB is likely on a draw. Isn't that a enough of a reason to 3-bet even though I may be behind sometimes?

sean c
10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that BB is likely on a draw. Isn't that a enough of a reason to 3-bet even though I may be behind sometimes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is.

brick
10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
If you wait to raise the river you're not getting an overlay from the BB and if you're behind you don't have outs. (as opposed to the 3-4 you have when you are behind on the turn)

brick
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
sneaky editing.

crazygoose
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM
three betting is always correct here.