PDA

View Full Version : Play along in the small blind

sean c
10-26-2005, 02:00 PM
This was a hand posted in micros the other day i thought was interesting on all streets and quite frankly the type of hand i struggle with OOP so i thought i would try it play along style.

Party full ring. Both villians in this hand are your typical party low limit loose passive calling stations.

Pre flop: folds to button who open limps, hero has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB.

Is this a clear value raise even though the BB is likely to come along, we are completely OOP and will likely need to make a hand to win?

What if we had another limper or two?

What if hero held Q9s or A5s instead?

@bsolute_luck
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
i post in the micros all the time- don't know how i missed this hand. easy preflop raise as we very likely could have the best hand and don't have to "make a hand" yet especially if weak Button is limping with A3o or some such trash.

lautzutao
10-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Easy raise.

sean c
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i post in the micros all the time- don't know how i missed this hand. easy preflop raise as we very likely could have the best hand and don't have to "make a hand" yet especially if weak Button is limping with A3o or some such trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif What about A5s or Q9s or what if we add a limper or two.

shant
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, let's see a flop.

shant
10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif What about A5s or Q9s or what if we add a limper or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about anyone else, but more limpers I'd still raise A9s here. I'd complete the others.

sean c
10-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Pre flop: folds to button who open limps, hero raises with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB calls and button calls.

Flop(3 players 6sb): 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Hero?

crazygoose
10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
I would definitely lead b/c we will have the best hand here most of the time. Plus you have overs and a backdoor draw.

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
not to be a dick, but this hand (which i haven't read) sounds already like it's much more applicable to micros than it is small and up. starting with an openlimp on the button. that's horrible. your hand is favorable to his range of cards, and certainly better than random. i think this is a remarkably easy raise. with a few more limpers, say, an unknown open limps MP1 and a tag limps behind in the hijack and now chumpy mchumperson limps on the button i'm fine just limping because you don't have a great multiway hand and you're out of position the rest of the way.

so we still have only the open limper and you hold Q9s (or A5s). first off, what kind of loose passives are these? always peel to the flop, and call with any piece on the turn, regardless? or will they fold the flop without a piece when you raise? will they showdown less than A high? with either hand i'm more likely to limp along, as any postflop calls they make are less likely to be correct, and how passive versus how loose the button is. i.e.: does he only raise premium holdings but is not that loose? in which case you shouldn't be raising these marginal hands as they may not be significantly better, if any better at all, than what villain is holding.

but really, it comes down to how capable you are of pushing these guys off hands with outs against you (say, when you miss entirely).

krimson
Easy bet. There is no way you're raising pre-flop and the checking on this flop. You likely have the best hand, and you have fold equity from the pre-flop raise.

ErrantNight
bets for value. i'd wager you have the best hand here.

callmedonnie
10-26-2005, 04:08 PM
I raise. Against more opponents I would lean towards calling, which may be a fundamental flaw in my game. But here even if I know big blind will call anything I value raise preflop.

sean c
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Okay so the flop is pretty boring we prob have the best hand and bet.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Hero bets, BB folds and button calls.

Turn(2 players 4bb): 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Hero?

Does this change if BB had called and it wasn't heads up.

crazygoose
10-26-2005, 04:15 PM
bet again. villain could easily be calling with overs. If it was still three way I might consider checking unless both villians were LPs.

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
i'd still be betting because i'm still pretty certain i have the best hand. since it's headsup, and i think i'm still ahead... yeah, bet again.

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
they are (both LPs). read OP

sean c
10-26-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd still be betting because i'm still pretty certain i have the best hand. since it's headsup, and i think i'm still ahead... yeah, bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

If still three way are you betting again?

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
probably. a lot would depend on how frequently i'd played short-handed pots with these guys. since they're donks and it's unlikely, yeah, another bet smells g00t.

krimson
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If still three way are you betting again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be way more comfortable betting HU then 3-way. However I'd rather bet than c/c, and I'd rather c/c then c/f. So, yes I would bet 3-way.

@bsolute_luck
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to be a dick, but this hand (which i haven't read) sounds already like it's much more applicable to micros than it is small and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true unless you count 2/4 as micros then i'll concede.

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
ok.

Piiop
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Preflop - Easy raise. I'd limp the other 2.

Flop - Easy bet.

Turn - Still easy bet. I'd bet if the BB called too. We're ahead, like, all the time.

sean c
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop - Easy raise. I'd limp the other 2.

Flop - Easy bet.

Turn - Still easy bet. I'd bet if the BB called too. We're ahead, like, all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi piiop if you had limped with A5s would you still have bet this flop and turn?

Piiop
10-26-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi piiop if you had limped with A5s would you still have bet this flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because against these players A-high will often be the best hand. If both called the turn, I don't think I would always bet again there.

sean c
10-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Okay everyone thinks the turn was a clear bet heads up and most liked a bet three handed.

River(2 players 6bb): 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Hero?

ErrantNight
10-26-2005, 05:04 PM
bet. we've got two pair with the best kicker.

why not check/call? well, loose passives don't frequently bluff bet their lower-than-A-high, and sometimes they fold their A high, for inexplicable reasons. even better yet, sometimes they're enchanted by their any-two-face-cards and will call you. sometimes they'll just fold.

in any event, if you're convinced (as i am) that you have the best hand the majority of the time here... you bet once again.

Yads
10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I check fold the river. most LPPs at that level aren't betting a hand you beat.