PDA

View Full Version : Why Play Poker

10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey I was wondering why different type people got into poker and how much they play. I guess I should kick us off.

Play: probably average 3 to 4 hours a day in the evening and late at night (online). I also play the odd home game about once every 2 weeks but just socially and usually for low buy ins (£5 per tournament)

Reasons: Mostly as a hobby, make a bit of money but when averaged over the hours very little really. To be honest I'm probably telling myself this is all practice and i'll be a pro poker player soon (or maybe not but I can dream)

I was just interested how poker attracts people from all walks of life possibly more so than other hobbies. What about you?

Cheers,
Ed

10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Had a job once, brrrrr.....

SoftcoreRevolt
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Age 21, College Student.

Reason: I hate working. So I play poker, which is infinitely more boring and monotonous, but my chair is nicer, and I get a TV to watch.

jba
10-26-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.pokerforums.net/forums/uploads/post-2-1121524123_thumb.jpg

10-26-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerforums.net/forums/uploads/post-2-1121524123_thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money is this?

jba
10-26-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How much money is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 7.5 million. really not sure. pretty sure it is from 2005 ME though.

10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How much money is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha reminds me of one of those "guess the number of jellybeans in the jar" games.

10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I started playing poker 4 months ago because my company went under. And I was not motivated to find a job.

Now four months later, the only reason why I play is because of the money and the freedom to play whenever I want. I think the game is boring, and I dread that I may be doing this for the next few years, as I don't have motivation to find another job.

kaidoy
10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Im 19 and I play for a year now, discovered online poker after playing a omaha high micro limit fishy home game with some of my friends from school

I just stopped my study (psychology at the Rotterdam University), cause now that was boring, IMO poker isn't boring at all, but it may probably be after playing a couple of years..

So for me its all poker now (5-9 hours a day), I might get myself a little sidejob to get out a little ( and to make sure I have cheap insurance )...

I think I'll probably try out another study next year tough ; just to keep things interesting /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

csuf_gambler
10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How much money is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its suppose to be the combined prize pool of the ME. which is like $60 million.