BottlesOf
10-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Just a thought.

citanul
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't even remember why he was banned in the first place, but i thought i'd heard that he sort of had no interest in coming back? it's a pity, as i thought his advice/posting was quite good. i'm guesing there's only one man whose opinion actually matters on this, and it's he who banned him. we'll await that i guess.

c

Dynasty
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I believe Mat banned him for repeated offenses which ended in a curse-filled rant.

BottlesOf
10-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I remember the rant well, it was quite a read, but now, months (if not over a year) later, I feel like it would be ok to come back as long as he didn't curse. Now, maybe he won't want to, but that's another issue.

Mat Sklansky
10-26-2005, 02:36 PM
The cursing was the final straw. I recall him going out of his way to be a prick to Felicia and others. I say we let felicialee decide.

MrWookie47
10-26-2005, 03:41 PM
What made you think of this, anyway? Was he PM'ing you to get back? If we unban him, are we planning on sending him an e-mail to say, "Hey, we think you're AOK, now?"

durron597
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Isn't Vehn the reason Annie Duke stopped posting here?

(FWIW, I probably would be in favor of unbanning him, but wanted to put that on the table)

Dynasty
10-26-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The cursing was the final straw. I recall him going out of his way to be a prick to Felicia and others. I say we let felicialee decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

felicialee should not be the one who decides.

[censored]
10-26-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty is right.

Mat you banned him and so you need to be the one who decides.

AngryCola
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he decides that he wants Felicia to decide? Unless my eyes are failing me, I think that's what already happened.

I'm not sure how much it matters, though. Is Vehn even interested in coming back?

citanul
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if he decides that he wants Felicia to decide? Unless my eyes are failing me, I think that's what already happened.

I'm not sure how much it matters, though. Is Vehn even interested in coming back?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's not like mat banned him when felicia was a poster, mat banned him when mat was the only mod, and did so because in part at least, he was flaming or whatever Felicia. that (and well, the fact that he has total control of what goes on) really seems to mean to me that he can leave this up to felicia if he wants.

i do remember vehn's tirades now, and i think it's entirely possible that he's the reason that duke doesn't post here any more.

now the other question is, if he wanted to post/etc, couldn't he have just made a new account?

c

[censored]
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right of course. I just meant that I think it is more inline with the policy we have sort of crafted if he did it and if its not him than it should be something like a mod forum vote, in my opinion of course.

Your question is a good one has any spoken with vehn?

Mat Sklansky
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
I still want her input, as she was a factor in his banning, and is now a moderator. I'll certainly take other's opinions into account as well.

timprov
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still want her input, as she was a factor in his banning, and is now a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

And currently wandering the high seas, so don't expect to hear from her quickly. Not that this is an urgent issue.

Andy B
10-26-2005, 09:09 PM
I know Vehn personally and I don't think he has any interest in coming back. I don't see any reason to even raise the issue unless he makes a request.

Jim Kuhn
10-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Just curious............. What brought this up one year later?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BottlesOf
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I just think the forum is a better place with Vehn. He has made no effort to contact me (I don't think he even knows me). I've heard he's not interested in coming back, but I think if his ID or whatever was unbanned, he might make his way back eventually. Maybe not, but I don't think it's a big deal if we unbanned him and he didn't come back.

FeliciaLee
10-29-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the confidence, but I agree with others that I could hardly be unbiased in this case.

Vehn's behavior towards me wasn't really that bad, I got involved more because of his behavior towards others. I can usually handle being flamed, and even stalked around some forums, but I hate to see others get really worked up about it. He seemed to have some kind of problem with women and some of his ranting was clearly sexist.

I, too, have heard that he has no desire to come back, so why would we go out of our way to "invite" him back?

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif