PDA

View Full Version : Yuk. 2-4 hand

SoBeDude
06-09-2003, 04:16 PM
3-4 game. loose, mostly passive preflop.

I have pocket 77 UTG+1. I limp.

One LP calls, BB calls. Both have been hitting hands for the last half hour. both play very loose though.

Flop Comes A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I do have the 7 of clubs.

BB bets out.

I think about this and call. BB will bet a lot of hands here but I don't think he's on the flush. I think he made a pair, A or K.

Now the LP Raises. I figure for sure I'm way behind now to a big pair. BB calls.

I figure there are too many ways to be beaten here so I fold.

Turn is a 7. groan. Its checked through. double-groan.

River brings the 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

BB bets, LP calls.

How was everyone's play?

-Scott

SoBeDude
06-09-2003, 04:19 PM
BB had KQo for a pair of Kings.

LP had K5s (spades) for two pair Kings and Fives.

Either my set or my flush was the best hand.

-Scott

ElSapo
06-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like an easy fold to me. You already think he's got a higher pair than you, so I don't think drawing to a 2-outer for the set is a good play, or hoping to make a one-card, middle flush. Worst case scenario - no 7, no club, you lose. Or you could catch a 7 and lose toa flush. Or you could catch a club and lose to a bigger flush. I fold...

Barry
06-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Scott, just keep folding in that situation everytime. This was just the 1 in 20 that would have worked out for you.

In this situation, you're behind and very possibly drawing dead. Just wait for a better opportunity in some other hand.

And LP should have bet the turn.

rigoletto
06-09-2003, 05:24 PM
It is a flop fold, but If you play you should raise!