PDA

View Full Version : SUV wreck

10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
When I play online, its like an SUV wreck because like 7 people come out limping on every hand. In this case, I limp in late position because of the pot odds, however is it ok to limp in early position with a suit connector or A/Kx if you are fairly certain that everyone else will?

Jeffage
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
You have to also be fairly certain the pot won't get raised to do this. Generally, I don't see many online games that play like this (loose and passive) so I try to avoid limping w/ marginal hands in EP.

Jeff

10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Generally I'd need two limpers in front of me to limp in with Axs, 3 limpers for any pair (in the loose games you talk about). I'll change these standards depending on how aggressive the players are.

slickpoppa
10-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Buy Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller. It will answer this question and many more.

Justin A
10-26-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Generally I'd need two limpers in front of me to limp in with Axs, 3 limpers for any pair (in the loose games you talk about). I'll change these standards depending on how aggressive the players are.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's entirely too tight with pairs.

10-26-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's entirely too tight with pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your cutoff?

cnfuzzd
10-26-2005, 04:27 PM
i open limp any pair i dont want to raise, any suited broadway i dont want to raise, sometimes suited aces (unless i want to raise with them), and sometimes suited connectors down to 65. I rarely raise the small suited connectors.

shibby.

peace

john nickle

zephed
10-26-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i open limp any pair i dont want to raise, any suited broadway i dont want to raise, sometimes suited aces (unless i want to raise with them), and sometimes suited connectors down to 65. I rarely raise the small suited connectors.

shibby.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm out of touch with full ring, but isn't that too loose?

Or is this only under ideal table conditions?

cnfuzzd
10-27-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

shibby.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm out of touch with full ring, but isn't that too loose?

Or is this only under ideal table conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that might be considered too loose is the med/small suited connectors. Even then, under many table situations, i feel comfortable over limping utg, and have open limped suspecting there might be a raise behind me.

i play too loose. but damn its fun.

peace

john nickle

10-27-2005, 01:43 AM
There's a starting hand spreadsheet adapted from SSHE in a forum somewhere. Search for it, it describes what hands you can limp with in passive games.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-27-2005, 02:13 AM
It isn't too loose. I'll limp with any of those hands from UTG and feel fine doing it.