PDA

View Full Version : Mod Question to you guys

DcifrThs
10-26-2005, 12:20 PM
so far, all ive done is moved obvious SS questions to SS or gnereal questions (that anti poker tracker thing) to general.

in mid/high NL, AZK allows or at least doesn't move a lot of high limit player discussion.

with respect to the latest threads about UB HU 3/6, should these threads stay here, be moved to NVG, general, or other?

-Barron

DeeJ
10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
shouldn't heads-up stuff be in the HUSH forum? shouldn't you know what you're doing already /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif ? or are we lucky to have a democratic mod /images/graemlins/cool.gif ?

DcifrThs
10-26-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't heads-up stuff be in the HUSH forum? shouldn't you know what you're doing already /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif ? or are we lucky to have a democratic mod /images/graemlins/cool.gif ?

[/ QUOTE ]

funny. but these posts tend to be aboutthe players playing the games rather than the strategy of the games being playd

Barron

BottlesOf
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I voted move to OOT b/c I want to see the hilarity that ensues./images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, if about the players themselves, then NVG, if about strat, then it should stay put.

10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
i'm for free speech as long as its not crap like "the best hand in hold'em"

i think that most posts here are fine, but there is an occasion where they should be moved.

but then again, you'd expect this response from me.
I dont want my "how to play AA to a PF raise from the button posts moved" ya know?

flawless_victory
10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously though, if about the players themselves, then NVG, if about strat, then it should stay put.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally disagree.
ppl enjoy these posts... if a respected poster posts something the community appreciates, just leave it alone... use your judgement...
in the case of the thread in reference... i say leave stuff like that alone.
the gossip threads that fish start are usually ridiculous... worthless threads should be easy for u to identify...
you know most of who pay more attention to this forum might like to sweat chip reese... moving that thread would just be nitty.

B Dids
10-26-2005, 12:40 PM
As much as I don't think a HUSH split is a good idea, once HUSH is split- that's a great place for the discussion of those UB 300/600 games and players.

Paxosmotic
10-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Voted for the high limit HUSH forum.

La Brujita
10-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I say please keep them here. They are interesting and relevant.

TimM
10-26-2005, 01:32 PM
When you move a thread, it's possible to leave behind a pointer to its new location.

This helps in two ways. The original poster won't start complaining about his thread being deleted, and readers who are interested in the thread won't miss it just because they don't read the forum it was moved to. The pointer threads can't be bumped so they will drop off the first page soon enough.

That said, I think the core mid-high posters should have a lot of leeway when it comes to posting things a little off topic.

etizzle
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
if threads are about actual big games going on right this second or in the very recent past, then let them stay. If they are general questions about Daniel Negreanu or some other famous person whom we can't ever watch play, then send em packinn to WPT.

bobbyi
10-26-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't heads-up stuff be in the HUSH forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
My feeling on this is that high-stakes HU play is both mid/high holdem and HUSH so could go in either forum. I post all of my HUSH hands in the HUSH forum, but if someone wants to post their hands here, I wouldn't move them.

DcifrThs
10-26-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't heads-up stuff be in the HUSH forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
My feeling on this is that high-stakes HU play is both mid/high holdem and HUSH so could go in either forum. I post all of my HUSH hands in the HUSH forum, but if someone wants to post their hands here, I wouldn't move them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the consensus has shown that we not move them. except the reallly inane which we can use out judgement

Barron

NLSoldier
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As much as I don't think a HUSH split is a good idea, once HUSH is split- that's a great place for the discussion of those UB 300/600 games and players.

[/ QUOTE ]

how the eff can you possible not think the hush split is a good idea /images/graemlins/confused.gif

B Dids
10-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Because I think that it's not the real solution to the problem, which is "too many crap posts". I'd rather see more agressive moderation (forum wide) and less forums, simply because as this poll points out, a 300/600 HU hand is applicable a lot of places.

flawless_victory
10-26-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I... play small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

stinkypete
10-27-2005, 02:40 AM
move it to OOT and let dynasty deal with it