PDA

View Full Version : Rebuy frequency?

10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
I was talking to 2+2er Borno last night about how often to rebuy in an NL ring game. We agreed that it's in your best interest to always have at least the max in your stack. How many BB do you need to be short of the max before you rebuy? Live or online? Apologies if this has been discussed.

Ghazban
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Online, I top off every hand. Live, I top off as often as the house rules allow me to.

10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
I tend to rebuy when I go below 50bb.. If I get REALLY low (just a few bb) I'll use the all-in to my advantage and rebuy after I go broke or quadruple up.

edit: I should probably be reloading much more often.

stu-unger
10-26-2005, 12:00 PM
i constantly reload. i reload if my stack is down 1-2bbs and i notice it. i hate not reloading, winning a good sized pot and then being $6 short of stacking some donk because i didnt reload and build a stack up...

Morrek
10-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Trying to keep my stack above 98 BBs, unless there's noone with more than that at the table.

10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to rebuy when I go below 50bb.. If I get REALLY low (just a few bb) I'll use the all-in to my advantage and rebuy after I go broke or quadruple up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what the breakeven point is. If your stack has dwindled below 50bb, then you should rebuy, but what if your stack has been crippled to 1BB. Would you rebuy then? Or just go all-in on the next hand? I still thinking rebuying in is your best interests (provided you aren't on tilt now).

PinkSteel
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Recent rebuy thread from mid-high (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3724901&page=10&view= collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Hattifnatt
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I rebuy when i got under 95% of max, sometimes directly. But don't think I lose so much EV when not rebuying everytime I posted a blind or two.

10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Say I'm at 2BB and 2 hands from the big blind. I'll wait until after those 2 hands to rebuy. Till then, I'm shoving if my hand's decent. This has two adcantages:
1. The fact that you can get more than one caller and show down with less (mathematically advantageous)
2. The fact that you may see someone's hand that you otherwise wouldn't have

Hattifnatt
10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Don't you throw up if you get like two sevens, flop a boat and the other players start fireing at eachother and you end up winning a tiny mainpot?

Ghazban
10-26-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Online, I top off every hand. Live, I top off as often as the house rules allow me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should edit this to say that I don't rebuy every hand when its headsup or 3-handed. Its too much of a PITA. However, it is rare for me to go more than 7-8 hands without topping off provided somebody at the table who sucks has me covered. If I'm playing 3-way and the other guys each have 50BB, its clearly unnecessary for me to ensure I have 100 at all times (though if one doubles through the other, you can be sure I'll be topped off by the next deal).

arod15
10-26-2005, 12:19 PM
As long as im with 20 BB i dont care either way once i dip below there i buy back in

rikz
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many BB do you need to be short of the max before you rebuy? Live or online?

[/ QUOTE ]

One. I rebuy every hand unless the I get the "You cannot rebuy until you finish this hand" warning because the next hand started already. While playing live its obviously more difficult to rebuy so often because it's annoying to keep asking for $5 in chips every hand. So I usually buy extra chips and put the excess in my pocket so I can periodically top myself off to the max out of pocket between hands instead of rebuying for frequent, small amounts early in a session.

EnderFFX
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
When I fall below 80% of the max I rebuy. I know it's not +EV but when mulitabling I don't have time to top off every hand.

directscooter
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Anywhere between 90-95BB. Others do it every hand but with popups etc, it can get distracting to constantly keep doing it everytime you lose 1BB, but that is just me.

theblitz
10-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I use the same number.
Below 80% is an automatic top-up.

One annoying feature of Prima is that is doesn't let you send a request when you are in the middle of a hand.
Kind of annoying when you are losing money and you wish to top up.

Other sites let you do it and bring the money in at the next hand.