PDA

View Full Version : How do you play TAG in a 6-handed game?

10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
I am generally LAG/TAG. I bet something like 40% of hands in late position (unraised pots) and ~20% in early position. My stats are 35/20/2.8 over 4k hands.
I have a lot of trouble playing TAG. I don't really know what to do preflop and get very impatient. Should I multitable? My problem with multitabling is that I don't have the same amount of knowledge about my opponents (not entirely necessary for TAG players?)

Edit:
What hands should I limp/raise with early and late? What hands should I call raises with? What hands should I reraise with and in what position? How do I play in the sb, bb?

10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Multi-tabling is the way to go, especially if you're playing towards a bonus. I play mostly at Absolute Poker and they offer reload bonuses all the time so I am almost always playing toward a bonus. These are much easier to reload when multi-tabling. However, I wouldn't play more than 2 tables at a time. Once you're playing 3 or more tables, you seem to lose too much knowledge of your opponents. Playing a little more loose at the 6 max tables also isn't that bad as long as you're only playing looser in position. Position becomes even more important when playing shorthanded.

Hattifnatt
10-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Don't multitable 6-max! is my tips.

Playing one table and analyze a LOT while playing and look at intresting hands afterwords. Put people on hands every hand, even (or especially) after you folded etc.

...is the best way to be a better player and be able to move up in stakes.

stu-unger
10-26-2005, 11:55 AM
i understand why people are saying not to multi table. i dont agree for myself. i always play atleast 3 tables of 6max. i have a large attention span, so the extra tables dont affect me. if u cant focus on all of them dont play more than one. i play extremely tight, and it's extremely effective. as for hand selection, i dont really differ from full ring standards. i limp pp's, open raise with TT+, A10+, KQs type hands. i dont defend my blinds much unless someone is getting out of hand and needs to be shown im no puppet. basically i play text book ABC with a little looser standards post flop.

10-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I need more detail on the textbook ABC TAG play.

stu-unger
10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need more detail on the textbook ABC TAG play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it? what do u mean. play tight and aggressive. tight like having tight starting requirements. aggressive like playing your hands and draws fast, like the opposite of passive.

im not quite sure i understand your question.

10-26-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hands should I limp/raise with early and late? What hands should I call raises with? What hands should I reraise with and in what position? How do I play in the sb, bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

stu-unger
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as for hand selection, i dont really differ from full ring standards. i limp pp's, open raise with TT+, A10+, KQs type hands. I call raises with 22+,and AQ+. i dont defend my blinds much unless someone is getting out of hand and needs to be shown im no puppet. basically i play text book ABC with a little looser standards post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously this isn't a hard and standard rule. depending on the table i will vary my starting requirements. if there is a lot of limping and passive play, ill over limp with sc's. if someone is raising a lot, i probably call with AT+, KQ+, 22+, and sc's...

vulturesrow
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
UTG and UTG+1 I play very tight. Cutoff and Button, I play very loose, and raise any hand I plan on playing if its folded to me in CO/Button. Blind play isnt much different from tight full ring play, unless it becomes apparent to me that a guy is taking advantage of this.

xorbie
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM
My biggest leak by a very, very, very, very, very far margin is bluffing too much and playing 8 tables of 6 max makes it somewhat harder for me to do this. I would not be surprised if I was a losing player when I play just one or two tables, whereas I am a pretty solid winner with 8. I also have time to talk to friends and read 2+2 while I 8 table. It's possible, just takes some getting used to.

10-26-2005, 05:42 PM
OMG Xorbie, I'm finding it a bit difficult playing 2 tables at the same time.
But 8 ???
Wow, you must have great consentration skills.