PDA

View Full Version : The New Age of Trainers

private joker
10-26-2005, 06:21 AM
So I bought these new shoes yesterday. They are Pony Deflect'r, white/blue, and they look like this:

http://www.zappos.com/images/P/Pony1/59609-p.jpg

What's the consensus on this style today? Trainers are getting to the point where it's cool if they're retro style, and it's acceptable to wear them to clubs and whatnot. You can't show up with Reeboks or you'll look like a jackass. But if you get the stylin' type retro trainers like this, people seem to accept your outfit as decently hip.

I just like wearing comfortable white sneakers in my casual daily wear. If I'm dressing up, obviously I wear black dress shoes. But like with jeans and a t-shirt, or even with jeans and a tie (like at a mod/brit-pop club), I think I'll go with these. Yeah?

Cumulonimbus
10-26-2005, 06:23 AM
They're tight, but I try to avoid that brown rubber thing.

private joker
10-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Ugh, I apologize for misspelling circumstances. I typed this poll fast.

mason55
10-26-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They're tight, but I try to avoid that brown rubber thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. I have a pair of brown rubber soled Puma's that I've worn like two times. They looked sweet in the store but on my feet they just look really weird. I have a pair of Diesel's though with brown rubber sole that I love so who knows though.

FWIW, I voted that I liked them.

private joker
10-26-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. I have a pair of brown rubber soled Puma's that I've worn like two times. They looked sweet in the store but on my feet they just look really weird. I have a pair of Diesel's though with brown rubber sole that I love so who knows though.

FWIW, I voted that I liked them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I usually go with white soles (my standard shoe is the Adidas shell-toe), but these just happened to have the tan rubber. Doesn't really bother me since I don't really see the soles that often, but it does seem to be the style. Like the Diesels, as you mention.

durron597
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Mmm...... grilled stuft burrito

xadrez
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I like them. Do you they come in other colors?

canis582
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I have those in white with orange trim and I wore them about once. Looked much better on the webpage. I think they are more urban than they look at first glance.

private joker
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like them. Do you they come in other colors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, plenty. (http://www.nextag.com/deflect-pony-r/search-html)

Freakin
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
those are tight. i'd wear em out.

I think half the guys who show up to club in dress shirts (unbuttoned halfway, of course) and black shoes look like douches.

private joker
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are more urban than they look at first glance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand what this means. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

BWebb
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
I've had the white with blue/yellow combination of deflectors for about 6-9 months now. Still my favorite shoe.

CD56
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
These look OK to me, but in general I hate white sneakers. White hightops especially, I think they look like they should be on some dude with a mustache, in jean shorts, wearing his cell phone clipped to his belt out to a bar.

canis582
10-26-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are more urban than they look at first glance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand what this means. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are alot like the lugz style of shoe.

BottlesOf
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
I voted "yes well done, hot." A few notes. I like those shoes, but I don't understand the bottoms, that's a strange sole, what with the suction cups.

Also, make sure you don't take it too far. I see some people with brightly/strange colored retro sneaks. Don't go that route.

I really like the colors you chose too.

lapoker17
10-26-2005, 04:21 PM
I think if your goal was to dress like everyone else, then you've done well.

private joker
10-26-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if your goal was to dress like everyone else, then you've done well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd prefer I was in purple moccasins and a dashiki? Just to be "different?"

I express my individuality through words and actions; I don't try to consciously Dress Like An Individual because I'm not in high school anymore.