PDA

View Full Version : good?

10-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Need some feedback on this hand. Preflop is open to criticism, both the raise and the call after the reraise (was getting more than 3:1 on the call though). Seing that CO only had $63 I guess I don't really have the implied odds?

I decided to lead the flop so that CO (his preflop reraise meant big pair) could raise and we could get rid of the button. Plan worked and I went with my read that CO had a big pair and got the rest of the chips in the middle seing as I was a favourite here against a big pair. Good play (post flop)?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed)

SB ($45.05)
BB ($122.30)
Hero ($107.80)
MP ($179.55)
CO ($63)
Button ($38.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $7.

Flop: ($31.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $32</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $61</font>, CO calls $21 (All-In).

Trix
10-26-2005, 05:35 AM
You are actually about even against a big pair here, so you really want him to fold after his first bet.
I´d check the flop and make a big check-raise if Button calls CO´s bet. If not then probably just call, depending how much CO bet. He will probably bust if you hit anyway, so no reason to stick it all in if there is no chance of getting a fold from a big pair.

I fold preflop though.

10-26-2005, 05:35 AM
I don't like the preflop raise from UTG, but I've got nothing wrong with the play on the flop.

10-26-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are actually about even against a big pair here, so you really want him to fold after his first bet.
I´d check the flop and make a big check-raise if Button calls CO´s bet. If not then probably just call, depending how much CO bet. He will probably bust if you hit anyway, so no reason to stick it all in if there is no chance of getting a fold from a big pair.

I fold preflop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not even against a big pair here, if he has a /images/graemlins/spade.gif then I am still a 55% favourite and if not then im almost a 60% favourite. Check raising the flop will be very costly the times Button flops a set (cold calling preflop -&gt; PP, maybe AK). Leading the flop for half-pot is inviting a raise from CO and that means Button can only continue with a very strong hand (ie a set, which I dont want to face here).

Trix
10-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Button has 38 left before this hand, you really want to fold if he push ?

Edit: didn´t see the straight draw at first, so thought 14 outs.

UOPokerPlayer
10-26-2005, 05:56 AM
I think because villians stack is short you should fold pf. You don't have enough implied odds to play here.

Once you get to the flop, you should go with your read that villian has an overpair. You want to get button to put in some money also, hopefully on an overcall. I'd check the flop, if villian leads like you think, button will call more often than if you lead and villian raises. You're going to check-raise villian all in if it comes back to you, and if you're lucky maybe you can commit button also. It's not even bad if it checks around, because you either hit and lead, probably stacking villian in the process anyways. Or you miss and your pot equity gets cut in half while your folding equtiy is still prettty tiny, so you can let it go without a thought.

10-26-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button has 38 left before this hand, you really want to fold if he push ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, didn't realise that.

For the preflop call to be correct how deep does the stacks need to be?

Malachii
10-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Calling the reraise really sucks given the stack sizes. I'd just checkraise all in on the flop.

Kimpan
10-26-2005, 06:56 AM
how would it be to limp this preflop?
I can't see myself raising this..