PDA

View Full Version : 200+15 Stars?

MikeyObviously
10-26-2005, 04:28 AM
I'd like some advice from someone who has some experience at this particular game, the 200 stars SNGs. I have played about 10 so far and feel good about this game. I like the structure, and the tourneys I played were just filled with weak-tight players...which goes well with my playing style (I have been playing at prime hours...so I might be getting a lot of "lets take a shot" players) . I am thinking about doing a 100 game sample and going from there.

Thoughts on this game?

MikeyObviously
10-26-2005, 04:11 PM
can I get a bump?

pooh74
10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
You might not get many repsonses because the 200s on stars take awhile to fill and frankly not many people play them "regularly" to have much to definitively say about them...as for stars structure in general (Have played 5s up to the 50s and 6.50 turbos up to the 60s) I think the standard SNGs are slow and boring...but great to see a lot of play.

cha59
10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Ive played the same games as pooh and I generally agree.

I dont necessarily find the standard games boring, but they do seem to take a lot longer than the turbos. I think a good player has an slighly better advantage at the standard games because you will see a lot more hands and not be forced to push as early or often.

I like starting with 1500 chips rather than 800 or 1000, which is why I play at Stars most often.

As far as the players being weak tight, Im not sure because I havent played games at that buyin, however I have noticed that the 55s and 60s are a lot tighter than the lower buyin games. There are generally fewer bad players at the higher buyin games as well, which you'd expect.

MikeyObviously
10-26-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the standard SNGs are slow and boring...but great to see a lot of play

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...with a lot of play like that you can see a lot of flops, set up the perfect image for later, and watch others bust when the blinds are too small still. I love it.

MikeyObviously
10-26-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as the players being weak tight

[/ QUOTE ]

The players I was playing against were so bad that they would let 4th into 2nd because of the dreaded bubble. I was laughing at how much I was raising the blinds and not being defended...I had to make myself keep doing it. And it would be one thing if they stole the blinds right back...but they didn't. They would open limp from SB...and generally just not raise without a quality 10 person hand in a 4 handed gamee.

Edit: I have noticed the same play style at the 100+5 NL heads up tables. No skill needed for those tables, just blind aggression, because they all seem to be waiting for that perfect hand that never comes heads up.

MikeyObviously
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
frankly not many people play them "regularly" to have much to definitively say about them

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying the 200+15 at stars is free of 2+2ers? That is all I needed to hear. 100 game sample starts today haha.

pooh74
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
frankly not many people play them "regularly" to have much to definitively say about them

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying the 200+15 at stars is free of 2+2ers? That is all I needed to hear. 100 game sample starts today haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not saying that...it just doesnt seem to have a regular following...i.e., ive never seen 1 post in this forum regarding a Stars 200 hand in my year and a half reading here, but that does not mean there arent 2+2ers playing there (or other good players...dont need to be on this forum to be good by any stretch)

Nick M
10-26-2005, 06:56 PM
i can guarantee that regular 200s are basically free of players who play for half or more of their living. Anyone who plays the 200 regulars are out of their mind. They are like Sh1t through a strainer slow. I highly doubt you will catch a good playing 2 + 2er there.

EDIT: present company excluded of course /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The once and future king
10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please remember that party has turned the majority of the players on here into attentional spastics who find ten minute levels to long and boring. Hence they do not wish to enter the weak tight killing fields of the regular Stars sng.

Lets keep it that way.