PDA

View Full Version : Lost in space...

Drontier
10-26-2005, 02:36 AM
or on the river
villain is pretty loose. he loves to donk with nothing at all heads up; and whenever he does this I've raised the flop, bet the turn and reevaluated no the river. hes never 3-bet a flop before. Hes maybe 38 vpip and is very likely to carry any pair to showdown, whether by a turn c/r with bottom pair or a donkfest.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

imported_leader
10-26-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he loves to donk with nothing at all heads up;

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you raising him then? Just call and let him hang himself. i.e. call down UI and raise if you make anything.

Victor
10-26-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you raising him then? Just call and let him hang himself. i.e. call down UI and raise if you make anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

Drontier
10-26-2005, 02:51 AM
because hes willing to call down flop and turn here with any 2 overs.

kelvin474
10-26-2005, 02:52 AM
I like this line if he is that indiscriminate.

imported_leader
10-26-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because hes willing to call down flop and turn here with any 2 overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's willing to bet the flop turn and river UI, you make more. Plus you get to raise him when you hit. You also lose the minimum when you're behind.

Edit: And you don't get bluffed off the best hand by a LAG

ArturiusX
10-26-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cernunnos
10-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Raising the flop with your AT here only gains 1 sb those times when you are ahead and you get to a showdown and win, in this situation on the flop you are any where from a 80% favourite to a 20% dog and you often gain no info from the raise against a player who goes to showdown often.

So I would try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and those times I make a pair raise turn or river to charge the happy donker. Can you be certain that this guy has not picked up on the fact that you have been raising his donks with hands like AT uimp and has decided to pull a move.