PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Monopoly Game

toss
10-26-2005, 01:25 AM
McD's Monopoly's pieces have ten digit codes that you can enter online to roll a virtual dice and collect virtual game pieces. Out of the twenty or so pieces I have only 8 of them worked! Now the only reason I can think of them not working is that someone has already entered them. Don't tell me theres people thats randomly entering in codes here. Especially when you need the pieces as proof should you win.

P.S. Anybody want to trade for Boardwalk?

runner4life7
10-26-2005, 02:16 AM
you are entering 0 for O as in zero instead of the letter O. All of mine have worked and trust me that is a lot.

toss
10-26-2005, 02:43 AM
I double checked and thats not the problem.

Edit: Well I found out that someone having entered the code before is not the problem. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Anybody want to try entering in some codes to see if they work?

-JG1J4C43YB
-7WJ4GXNPPG

JAA
10-26-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
McD's Monopoly's pieces have ten digit codes that you can enter online to roll a virtual dice and collect virtual game pieces. Out of the twenty or so pieces I have only 8 of them worked! Now the only reason I can think of them not working is that someone has already entered them. Don't tell me theres people thats randomly entering in codes here. Especially when you need the pieces as proof should you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have park place, sure

- Jags

fluorescenthippo
10-26-2005, 03:07 AM
what is the problem exactly? sometimes the site stops working randomly.

toss
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
I enter in the code, (making sure many times that I've entered every digit correctly), and it says to enter in a valid code. Weird.

Jules22
10-26-2005, 09:10 AM
pls with the trading for boardwalk

TheMainEvent
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they start this, about 25 years ago? This has to be the most successful gimmick ever.

Bulldog
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Anybody know which piece is the rare one in each set? I only have a few.

CrazyEyez
10-26-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I enter in the code, (making sure many times that I've entered every digit correctly), and it says to enter in a valid code. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds familiar.
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3566719&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart)

DonBaker
10-26-2005, 10:18 AM
You can REALLY win something with the McDonalds Monopoly Game?

Slow Play Ray
10-26-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. it is even worse than neteller's "giveaways"

fluorescenthippo
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the last one alpahbetically in each set except for boardwalk.

Guy Incognito
10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Kid at my school got all 4 railroads, won a Jeep Cherokee.

mostsmooth
10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the last one alpahbetically in each set except for boardwalk.

[/ QUOTE ]
fark, why have i been thinking all this time it was just the last one of each set?

jedi
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If "something" means a breakfast sandwich, then yes you can.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. it is even worse than neteller's "giveaways"

[/ QUOTE ]

my family got all the train pieces about 18 years ago. We won a [censored] train set!

B Dids
10-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Every time I go to McDonalds I tell myself "this is the last time I'm going here".

Then I [censored] win a McFlurry or some [censored], which is annoying, because either I'll have won something that I won't get, or I've won something that I will get but that's bad for me.

dtbog
10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
I had a paper route when I was 9 years old, and they used to distribute the McDonald's monopoly pieces via newspaper as advertisements to lure you into the store.

For some unknown reason, I was looking through my family's copy of the paper before I delivered the day's allotment.. and I found six of the Monopoly inserts stuck together. JACKPOT!

I then proceeded to go through the rest of the newspapers in my stack (22, maybe?) and take out all but one of the ads in each paper. Each ad contained a prize ("free burger", et. al), and a game piece.

I didn't win a damn thing!

Reef
10-26-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won a McFlurry once

kipin
10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a paper route when I was 9 years old, and they used to distribute the McDonald's monopoly pieces via newspaper as advertisements to lure you into the store.

For some unknown reason, I was looking through my family's copy of the paper before I delivered the day's allotment.. and I found six of the Monopoly inserts stuck together. JACKPOT!

I then proceeded to go through the rest of the newspapers in my stack (22, maybe?) and take out all but one of the ads in each paper. Each ad contained a prize ("free burger", et. al), and a game piece.

I didn't win a damn thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I did the same thing... I think I was 9 or 10 at the time of my paper route.

Crazy.

BWebb
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I remember when you would get $1 in Best Buy money every time you ordered something with a game piece. My roommate when enough times that he was able to buy Socom 2 with the pieces. Its pretty funny standing at a register paying for something at Best Buy with little game pieces from McDonalds.

somapopper
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Does anyone remember the year the game was crooked? The firm that McDonald's contracted to do the game simply removed all of the major prize peices from circulation so their friends and family could be the winners.

Anyway, this is yet another proof of my theory that brick and mortar fast food gambling is rigged.

A_Junglen
10-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Ew, McDonalds is -EV

toss
10-27-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone remember the year the game was crooked? The firm that McDonald's contracted to do the game simply removed all of the major prize peices from circulation so their friends and family could be the winners.

Anyway, this is yet another proof of my theory that brick and mortar fast food gambling is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm do you think that there would be a case for a class action lawsuit against McDonalds and/or the company?

somapopper
10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
If I remember correctly there was one. The end result was that one day Mcdonald's had some kind of ghetto one day contest where they paid out the cash equivlent of what was taken out of the monopoly game.

The people actually responsible for running the contest (not mcdonald's folk) went to prison I believe.

toss
10-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Ah thats good to hear. Cheaters go to prison.