PDA

View Full Version : Absolute or UB ?

TCBSTEVE
10-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Which site is better for 25 and 50 NL, in regards to making money? Thanks in advance.

ericlambi
10-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Depends on your playing style I suppose. UB is full of tight players. If you are a tight player it will be more difficult to make money there. If you are a good LAG, it should be good for you. I guess if you are LAG and you are bad, no room is good for you.

I've only played an hour or so at Absolute . . . thought their software sucked. They have good bonuses, players weren't very good.

Party poker is still the best to find morons. They seem to be at all levels. I played 5 hours at $200NL today and couldn't believe how many people were just spewing chips. Twice I saw players bluff an entire stack away for no reason whatsoever other than they raised pre-flop and didn't want to lose the hand I guess.

10-26-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Depends on your playing style I suppose. UB is full of tight players. If you are a tight player it will be more difficult to make money there. If you are a good LAG, it should be good for you. I guess if you are LAG and you are bad, no room is good for you.

I've only played an hour or so at Absolute . . . thought their software sucked. They have good bonuses, players weren't very good.

Party poker is still the best to find morons. They seem to be at all levels. I played 5 hours at $200NL today and couldn't believe how many people were just spewing chips. Twice I saw players bluff an entire stack away for no reason whatsoever other than they raised pre-flop and didn't want to lose the hand I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge misconception IMO. I've been playing two 50NL tables at UB since the Party split and the games at UB are plenty loose. And in fact, I think they're much weaker and more donkish in many ways. I've NEVER seen so many miniraises and minibets in my life anywhere, even Party. No matter how big the pot is, you have someone minibeting into you. It's infuriatingly stupid and great at the same time. I almost never have to fold a gutshot draw with 4 clean outs because I only have to call a minibet and I will get paid off when I hit about 80% of the time. I love UB.

I also tried playing at Absolute after the Party split, but I hate the software and they don't have a lot of games going. UB is a big site and always has plenty of full ring games going up to 200NL. UB, by the way, is having a 25% reload bonus right now up to $200.