PDA

View Full Version : TT hand with one overcard on flop

10-26-2005, 12:25 AM
MP1 in this hand has been calling around 50% of his hands preflop. He seems to have slightly reasonable raising standards, although I had seen him raise with JTs and QJs from UTG and UTG+1 respectively. Every time he cold-called my raise preflop (which was two or three times previous to this), he didn't go to showdown which leads me to believe he either cold-calls with marginal hands that he wanted to call 1SB with or he has accidentally hit "Call $1.00" when he meant to hit "Call $0.50." I had been raising fairly frequently so he might have even been a little titly and was thinking, "I don't want him to push me off a hand preflop anymore." Postflop, he has been pretty straightforward, but a little on the passive side and a bit of a calling-station.

BB sat down fairly recently, but seems kind of weak-tight. He has good preflop raising standards from the two or three hands he's shown down. (Although, anybody can play AA on a drawless board versus no aggression.)

CO is fairly loose preflop and raises very little preflop. He is pretty passive postflop.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, BB calls.

I figure BB could be betting with any pair or draw and I don't want to give proper odds to the remaining players if they're on weak draws.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

I figured they're only calling my bet with hands that beat me and by letting up my aggression I may make MP1 think that I'm going overboard with overcards and induce a bluff.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

My main question is whether or not I should bet for value on the river. Comments on all streets much appreciated.

istewart
10-26-2005, 01:21 AM
On the river, I think the best play is probably to check and fold to a bet. I think you may get to see a showdown cheap this way and I don't think MP is betting into both of you without something good here.

Nice hand otherwise.

TomBrooks
10-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Your line seems reasonable to me.

toss
10-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Flop depends on villain's betting range. Since we don't really know I'd probably just muck quietly as theres still 2 left to act, theres an over card, and we have to worry about straight draw/flushdraw/AKJ coming.

Since you raised turn bet is fine. River is a check/fold though. You say MP1 has been on the passive side.