PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

10-26-2005, 12:06 AM
OK, so I need to get contact lenses by Thursday night for a Halloween party. Basically, theres no legitimate way for me to do this 1. Becuase I dont have an up to date prescription and 2. even if I did its running aorund -8.25 in both eyes right now which are tough to get your hands on. Can anybody think of anyway of getting some place or website to get me ONE pair of lenses? Ive got an appointment tommorrow morning with an optometrist and I need ot think of a way to get them to give me 1 pair without committing me to buying more or hopefully charging anything at all.

Suggestions welcome.

Colonel Kataffy
10-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Most places will give you a pair with an exam. No commitment to buy.

10-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Very true but its this -8.25 thing thats the problem. Thats some serious prescription.

Colonel Kataffy
10-26-2005, 12:11 AM
mine's merely a -7.0, but i've always mangaged to get a pair. You can always call ahead. There is bound to be a lens crafters or somewhere near you that has a set that high. Infact, when I was younger, I lost a contact when my backups were on order and lens crafters gave me a free one on the spot. Its amazing what you can get with a phone call.

10-26-2005, 12:13 AM
awesome thanks

twankerr
10-26-2005, 02:34 AM
not kidding, i really did this...

i threw my contacts away some night while drunk, thinking i had a solid 3-4 sets left. i wake up and have none. panicked i get to the nearest lenscrafter and ask for a set of contacts, saying ill buy more after my new exam in like a week.

i went to the exam, you obviously can just cancel it also. its not like the lady will mark down that you "owe" them an exam.