PDA

View Full Version : OT ROI Probability

runner4life7
10-25-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed, probably has, but is there a way to calculate the probability you will have X ROI over Y games if your true ROI is Z? X most likely being a range rather than a specific number.

splashpot
10-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Search for ROI simulator.

Shilly
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Look around for the ROI simulator, there should be a post about it in the top few pages of STT.

bluefeet
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Linky on first page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3776004&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shilly
10-25-2005, 11:31 PM
You are fast.

runner4life7
10-26-2005, 01:11 AM
thanks guys i am retarded.

citanul
10-26-2005, 01:30 AM
your question has been answered, but i feel compelled to ask:

what the [censored] about this post is off topic?

c

runner4life7
10-26-2005, 01:32 AM
sorry citanul, im not sure what OT means and I figured if I ever post something thats not a hand I have been putting OT, clearly I was wrong.

skipperbob
10-26-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry citanul, im not sure what OT means and I figured if I ever post something thats not a hand I have been putting OT, clearly I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't apologize to Citanul /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It just fans the fires of injustice /images/graemlins/smirk.gifChrisakes, he lives in the midwest...There's no hope /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hornacek
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Search for ROI simulator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you guys could actually learn how Standard Deviation works and use a Z-table...

tigerite
10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Standard deviation is cake. It's gaussian distribution that is a bit trickier to work out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hornacek
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard deviation is cake. It's gaussian distribution that is a bit trickier to work out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
True, too bad you don't need Gaussians for this calculation though. If you want to talk about hard probabilities, we can just jump into Bivariate distributions...

runner4life7
10-26-2005, 12:52 PM
its not whether i know how to use standard deviations and z tables but more me being lazy and wanting something like the ROI simulator to do it for me.

pooh74
10-26-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't apologize to Citanul /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It just fans the fires of injustice /images/graemlins/smirk.gifChrisakes, he lives in the midwest...There's no hope /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Onaflag
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True, too bad you don't need Gaussians for this calculation though. If you want to talk about hard probabilities, we can just jump into Bivariate distributions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard Deviation is cake. Gaussians. Bivariate Distributions.

Jesus, which class did I miss in the late '70s early '80s? Sometimes I think I'm just too dumb for this game. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Lucky for me there are smart youngsters in this forum willing to translate this stuff to standard poker terminology (fold, push) and/or write software that tells you to fold or push. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Onaflag..........