PDA

View Full Version : Ace high river check raise

Evan
10-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Opponent is 22/7 over like 100 hands. No history with him, it's his first hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.83 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

lil feller
10-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Unless i'm missing something this is just spewage of the FPS variety. What better hand is folding?

I could see this move if you missed a 9high flush draw or something, but if villian has a medium PP that he's willing to bet, he probably isn't folding it. Either fold the turn, c/c the river, or c/f the river. The c/r seems pointless to me.

lf

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
are you not a mod anymore?

i guess your trying to represent AK here?
without a better read i dont know how often he is folding a pair and you have a pure bluff beat anyway, i dont think it works in this spot often enough to be profitable investing 2 bets, but im not sure

NLSoldier
10-25-2005, 11:56 PM
I think both check calling and betting are both better than check raising.

James282
10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
I like it because you have perfectly represented AK and his stats are super weak. Way better than check-calling IMO.
-James

Edit to say I'd consider check-folding the turn.

Pog0
10-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Villian will have a 5 or a 6 very often here. I see some CO posters calling any 2, even relatively reasonable players. The question is, do you think this guy can fold a 5 or a 6 after valuebetting that river? Alternatively he has 7x and you have him beat anyway.

So now the question pertaining to EV is, how often does he have a 5 or a 6 and folds as compared to how often he has 7x and you have him beat (when comparing c/r with c/c, although c/f may be best as well, I fold the turn).

I don't think you can know with any certainty, because if he folds here, you don't know whether he folded a 5,6, or 9 high. Once he calls you with a 5 or 6 here, you'll know not to try a move like this on him again.

At any rate, you can learn a little something about his river tendencies if he calls you here.

If villian is reasonable here, and has a 5 or a 6, he's probably valuebetting with the intention of folding, if he isn't reasonable, he's probably pressing buttons and will press another button on the river, the one you don't like.

If I'm villian, I fold 67 here, but I also don't bet it on the river, then again, river betting is my weakness.

NLSoldier
10-28-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I like it because you have perfectly represented AK

[/ QUOTE ]

who actually CRs this river with AK? I dont because they will puss out and check through way too often. If they bet they were probably bluffing the whole way and wont call your CR anyways. So that would make check/calling better.

anatta
10-28-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like it because you have perfectly represented AK

[/ QUOTE ]

who actually CRs this river with AK? I dont because they will puss out and check through way too often. If they bet they were probably bluffing the whole way and wont call your CR anyways. So that would make check/calling better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. That king should scare the small pair hands into checking quite often. So his river bet probably means he has big hand or is bluffing a missed str8 draw. Check/calling seems okay on the river.

"who actually CRs this river with AK?" Yes. A CR is too unusual that any pair is calling, probably thinking backdoor flush (more common river cr hand) got there, not AK, but calling anyways. Not often see folds to river CRs.

10-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm not cr'ing AK here.(in regards to what was said earlier) I think you should get away from it on the turn, personally. I dont see the +ev in this play unless you get AQ and small pairs to fold. And on the river, it's unlikely anybody is dropping in non live play.