PDA

View Full Version : Flush on turn...did I miss value bets?

10-25-2005, 11:01 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="red"> With an UTG raise and 2 callers, I figured I had the right odds/pot equity to call in the BB. </font>

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red">With bottom pair and a flush draw (albeit a small one) thought a bet was good here. </font>

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red"> Should I have 3-bet here with a small flush and a straight flush draw?</font>

River: (14.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red"> Should I have bet out here?</font>

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Paxosmotic
10-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Preflop call is good, but on the flop you've got far too much equity not to 3-bet. You've got the flush and backdoor straight draws. Then on the turn, you need to 3-bet (if raised) and call down to a cap. But you need to get a lot more money into the pot early when you have this kind of an advantage.

McGahee
10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey - try to remember who the PFR was when you're playing postflop. You don't want the guy on your right facing everyone w/ 2 cold when you have a draw. C/R the flop and turn. Again, this is the PFR so he probably doesn't have a bigger flush when he raises the turn given that K /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the board

numeri
10-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Check/raise the flop to pump your draw. By betting into the PFR, you're more likely to loose people when he raises.

You're OK after that, IMO.

10-25-2005, 11:11 PM
grunch...

call preflop, nice.

bet/3bet flop
bdsd, fd and most likely 5 outs to trips/2pair that could easily be good here. your equity is massive so pump the pot.

given prev action: turn bet/3bet (note: UTG+1 is unlikely to be on flush given previous action, more likely AK/KQ/AA. BUT, if MP2 comes to life at all here then proceed with caution... ie: call down)

river: bet/3bet considering MP2 is out of the hand. Only 2 feasible hands beat you here, AsJs and AsQs. If he is still raising here i think KK/AA and has put you on something other than the fd from the flop bet, and hope he can spew as much as possible in to my pocket.

(not literally.......)

10-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Three-bet the flop. MP2 and the button called two cold, they aren't going anywhere for two more, and you have massive pot equity with a maximum of 14 outs to a winning hand. Three-bet the turn. Don't play scared when you make the hand you're drawing to; UTG+1 can easily have a big pair with a big spade, a set, and assuming that UTG+1 is a reasonable player, the Ks makes many larger flush possibilities less likely.

Edit: Given relative position to the raiser, check-raising the flop is better assuming MP2 and the button are unknowns, and UTG+1 will always make a continuation bet here.

10-25-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/raise the flop to pump your draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, yeah...

check/raise/cap then lead and lead is certainly a viable option in this hand as well, kind of depends on the looseness of the other players in the hand.