PDA

View Full Version : Missouri(-6)@Kansas

10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Am I missing something here? Why is this line so low? This is only Missouri's second road game sure, but they are riding high winning 3 in a row, while Kansas has lost 4 straight. Missouri is 4-3 ATS while Kansas is 2-4 ATS.

MyTurn2Raise
10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmmm...I was ready to jump all over this, but I think I'm staying away from this game. If I'd bet, I'd be with Mizzou, but I'm going to write out why it might not be so good. (I almost jumped on your bandwagon, but the game-by-game research scared me.)

Kansas crushed Mizzou the last 2 years, 35-14 and 31-14.

Kansas has a new QB in who threw 3 picks last week, but moved the ball quite a bit. The Jayhawks put up 404 yards last week after 271, 238, and 102 the 3 weeks prior. The new QB is a wild card factor.

The Kansas D has been awesome. Here's what they've given up total, rushing, & passing against big 12 opponents:

Texas Tech--386 (53, 333)
Kansas St--176 (39,137)
Oklahoma--310 (100,210)
Colorado--322 (122,200)

That's fairly impressive.

Kansas is -5 on turnovers, which has hurt. Turnovers are somewhat hit or miss.

Last year, the Jayhawks held Mizzou to 262 passing and -6 rushing on 27 carries....wow. Last year's box (http://www.kusports.com/football/boxes/2004/missouri.html) is scary looking for Tiger supporters.

I like Mizzou, but I won't be heavy on it.

Oh yeah, Mizzou's game at Oklahoma St. (38-31) is a bad sign for their road presence.

jedinite
10-26-2005, 12:51 AM
I grew up a MU fan and earned my undergraduate degrees from MU.

This is a typical letdown game for the Missouri tigers. We played a big game against NU and after that tough, physical game now face a tough game with their main border rivals.

Kansas - Missouri is always a tough nailbiting game regardless of the caliber of either team. For years, Missouri basketball delighted in upsetting the (usually dramatically favored) KU basketball team, and in recent years vice-versa in football.

The line isn't terrible, but thats a little back history on the rivalry between the two teams and why the spread is where it is.