PDA

View Full Version : Raised when I was likely behind to drive out players

10-25-2005, 10:05 PM
BB was pretty passive, so when he check raised, I figured him for either 2 pair or a set. I 3-bet in order to drive out the following players and get BB heads up.

Good idea? Also, once I have him heads up, is check/call the way to go? Maybe check/call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
in game i most likely call down from the checkraise, but this is much more impressive. =)

nh

@bsolute_luck
10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
fold preflop. basic poker needed.

call down after the c/r on this dry board because he obviously wants people IN the hand and therefore might have a strong hand (trips).

numeri
10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Fold preflop. QJo sucks UTG.

Call the check/raise on the flop. You do not want this heads up against a hand that could have you crushed.

Call the turn.

Fold the river.

10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
If it was QJs we can probably call preflop since a 2 limpers called the raise. Other than that, fold QJo, crap hand in this situation

10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
*grunch*

[ QUOTE ]
BB was pretty passive, so when he check raised, I figured him for either 2 pair or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
These two belong side by side.
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe check/call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than that, NH.
EDIT: except preflop.

10-25-2005, 11:22 PM
PFlop: I'm folding. I don't like the position at all. After the PFR I'm definitely folding (Would consider staying if suited).

I think anything that gives you the odds to a strong draw will have to be significantly discounted because calling a raise PF needs High card strength. Which is also what you need for the draw.

Now that we are on the flop???
I'd be tempted to 3bet it

Turn..."Damn, he bet into me again, who does this normally passive player think he is". I think the right play is a fold here after the 3bet???????
But what I really do is not give up TP-Good Kicker right now.

River..."Damn what does this guy have that he can keep betting into me, especially being this passive". I think the right play is to fold here????? But what I really do is crying call

I think I just lost a lot of bets because 1/2 is very aggressive and OOP sucks.

10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the PFR I'm definitely folding (Would consider staying if suited).

[/ QUOTE ]

after the pfr your getting 9.5-1

i doubt reverse implied odds are that great a factor here to make folding a possibility. for the straight draw alone i think you have to call this preflop after the raise.

although in the first place looking back yeah folding from UTG is definitely a good play.