PDA

View Full Version : Is this how you play Omaha? (2 hands)

Piiop
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Hand 1 - Party $100, 10-handed. I have 75 and haven't been at the table very long.

UTG+1 - Really bad player. Apparently he's lost ~$400 in the past 20 minutes and a couple players at the table are taunting him in the chat.

MP1 - Seems weak/tight. Haven't seen much out of him.

BB - One of the main people chatting about UTG+1. Has a big stack and seems pretty LAG.

I have 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop - fold, UTG+1 limps ($60), fold, MP1 limps ($80), fold, I raise to 5, folded to the BB who calls ($400), UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop ($15) - Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I check.

Turn (~15) - 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet pot.

Hand 2 - Different table, still Party $100 10-handed. This table has been very passive, hardly any raising preflop. Other than that, I don't have any good reads on the players.

I have Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Preflop - I limp UTG ($110), 3 more people limp, SB completes, BB checks. 6 to the frop.

Flop ($6) - J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blinds check, I bet pot, 1 caller ($90), folds to the BB ($90) who calls.

Turn ($24) - K /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I check.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

joewatch
10-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Hand 1 - fine
Hand 2 - bet

Piiop
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Anyone else want to comment? Boringly standard? Too terrible for words?

broadcrawford
10-26-2005, 08:16 PM
I am still new to omaha myself so take this with a grain of salt.

Hand #1
I agree pot it on turn, however fold to a massive re-raise. I don't know about this table but with my experience people love the check raise when have sets and full houses.

Hand #2
So many hands out there that can beat you depending on the river so pot it. Make them draw with negative expectation. However with a re-raise navigate carefully. A ton of hands can beat you right now KJXX.

IF you could post how people re-acted after your bets/checks on the turn that would be great.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

joewatch
10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Although it's true that KJxx beats you, it is extemely unlikely somebody has this hand after your flop bet.

fuzzbox
10-27-2005, 05:06 AM
Hand one, good job. We are not sure if we want action though!

Hand two, I pot the turn, fold a raise. Check behind any river if called (other than a J or 8, where I probably try to value bet if checked to).