PDA

View Full Version : majorkong's World Tour continues...

Ed Miller
06-09-2003, 03:13 AM
Well, my two months in Vegas comes to an end tomorrow... and somehow I managed not only not to go broke, but to make a couple of dollars along the way.

So, on my way back to Seattle, I'm gonna cruise through California to play in these fabled wild and crazy California games. I'll be in LA early in the week, and San Francisco toward the end of the week.

So, if any of you California types see a short nerdy white kid with glasses being berated by some Asian guy for playing too tight... please don't be shy and introduce yourself. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif If you want to hook up, drop me a PM before tomorrow morning and I'll give you my cell number.

Hope to meet all you 2+2ers next week... and I hope to leave California with some semblance of a bankroll intact.

Bob T.
06-09-2003, 03:41 AM
Good luck in CA.

Barry
06-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Have a safe and profitable trip mk; sorry that I'll miss you when I'm back in Vegas on June 20. Let me know the next time you're going to NOLA. As you may remember, Angel_Fish is from there, and we go back from time to time. We could have a blast at that soft 6/12 game at Harrah's.

By the way folks, mk is not that nerdy looking, and even us older white guys chastise him for playing like a rock.

hutz
06-09-2003, 03:08 PM
and even us older white guys chastise him for playing like a rock.

He was chiding me for being too tight when we played at MB while I was in Vegas. I'm not sure what to make of that! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Seriously, I was simply not getting any playable hands.

Clarkmeister
06-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Your definition of "playable hands" in the 4-8 with 1&2 blind game differs considerably from mine. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

hutz
06-10-2003, 09:43 AM
In the two hours or so that you were there, I received KK, AQs (which I raised on the hand when the Babe declared she'd defend her kill button no matter what), AKo (which I folded in the SB when Tommy made it three to go from late position), and a smattering of small pocket pairs (which I played unless the pot was raised and remained shorthanded). Otherwise, I got squat for starting hands and I don't think any of the folds I made while you were there were even marginal (unless you consider J4s playable in early position in that game). That's OK, though, because I got in some good folding practice and enjoyed talking with the Babe, Howard, and 'kong at the fun end of the table. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Ed Miller
06-12-2003, 04:40 AM
So I spent two days at Commerce. I played 15-30 and 20-40 Holdem mostly (with one hour of 2-4 Mexican poker thrown in). I would say that the games were somewhere between comically and absurdly soft. They played much like the 4-8 games at Muckleshoot... loose, readable players... only somewhat more aggressive preflop. But usually the preflop tigers played like a deer in the headlights postflop... like... oops, I just put in 3 bets preflop with another donkey's ass, and wow... I missed again... I check.

The all-you-can-eat free food is very nice. I also couldn't believe how rude the players are... throwing cards and tantrums constantly. And what is with those octagenarian Asian women slamming those little brass dice holders into the Pai Gow tables... like it matters what hand you get...

Overall, Commerce gets two big thumbs up... wickedly soft games and good free food.

Next stop, San Francisco... (actually, I'm there already). I'm gonna stop by Lucky Chances... hopefully the games will be as good as in LA, but with friendlier losers...

I should be here at least through the weekend... drop me a line if you want to meet up.

Ed Miller
06-12-2003, 04:42 AM