PDA

View Full Version : help improve my chipotle experience

bugstud
10-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, it's been done a million times. Finally got around to going to one, and it just didn't feel like most chipotle experiences on OOT.

I had a steak burrito, rice/no beans, pico, hot salsa. Was decent, but not that great. I realize not having double meat was a bad play here, but what else can be done to improve it? FWIW I am not a beans fan (or even rice, but I needed some filler).

Thanks.

NLSoldier
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
When you get to the end, before they wrap it up, ask them to mix the ingredients together better.

Piiop
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
You gotta go fajita burrito. Greenpeppers/onionions >>> beans (especially since you don't even like beans). Did you go for any cheese and/or sour cream?

Paxosmotic
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Hire a girlfriend to refer to it as Chipolte, then proceed to pronounce it like that for the next 2 years, even though you know better, since you can't get that word out of your head. That makes every meal there better.

bugstud
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta go fajita burrito. Greenpeppers/onionions >>> beans (especially since you don't even like beans). Did you go for any cheese and/or sour cream?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah cheese, not a huge fan of the type of peppers but may try it anyway.

Brainwalter
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you get to the end, before they wrap it up, ask them to mix the ingredients together better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I need to do this.

Brainwalter
10-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Have you tried the barbacoa? It's better than the steak imo.

10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I go burrito bol now, not b/c I don't like burritos but b/c they put all the damn rice on one side of the burrito and everything else on the other. With the bol it's easy to mix it all together, if you ask them to mix it up in a burrito good luck.

10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
White rice on a burrito is just gay.

imported_anacardo
10-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Get the soft tacos.

THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT. GET THE TACOS.

Chips + hot salsa, too. Your BM will burn like the fires of hell, but you will have enjoyed it.

10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
guac is a must even though they are jewish and make you pay more for it

bugstud
10-25-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get the soft tacos.

Chips + hot salsa, too. Your BM will burn like the fires of hell, but you will have enjoyed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the hot salsa was quite tame.

LBJ
10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Chili Corn salsa. Lots of it.

imported_anacardo
10-25-2005, 10:41 PM
It is indeed fairly tame. Nonetheless, it is fresh red chile, and your bowels will suffer.

bugstud
10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is indeed fairly tame. Nonetheless, it is fresh red chile, and your bowels will suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been having a lot of thai and buffalo type dishes. nary a dent I think.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get the soft tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I feel this way, I'm not sure. I may just be afraid to admit that the tacos are better.

bugstud
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get the soft tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I feel this way, I'm not sure. I may just be afraid to admit that the tacos are better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am going to try both soft and hard next trip and see what happens. that or like a triple meat burrito bowl

Colonel Kataffy
10-26-2005, 12:04 AM
The best way to improve your chipotle experience is to walk by it and go here. (http://www.qdoba.com/locations.aspx)

bugstud
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
update - chicken soft tacos. Very solid. Will need to continue experimentation.

stabn
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best way to improve your chipotle experience is to walk by it and go here. (http://www.qdoba.com/locations.aspx)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop mentioning qdobda in oot.

10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Eat the tacos when you aren't that hungry. You def need to go with cheese, sourcream, and guacamole (it is worth the extra 1.50 and occasionally they forget to write it on your burrito so you get it for free.) Steak fajita burrito, mild salsa, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce = tits.

Bluffoon
10-26-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get the soft tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]

My son loves the tacos

jason_t
10-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I went for my first time on Friday with another 2+2er (blumpkin22, mostly posts in the stud forum). I got the chicken burrito with cheese, sour cream, guacamole and the hot salsa. We thought it was incredible and went back Saturday too. Then we joined shant at a bar in Beverly Hills. Full tummy + beer = yummy.

Roland19
10-26-2005, 07:18 PM
The thing about Chipotle is that it sucks.

Go to Qdoba and have yourself a real burrito.

Superfluous Man
10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Cholula (http://www.cholula.com/) and lots of it. Do they even have it at Chipotle? If not, find some at a store and bring it with you.

bugstud
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing about Chipotle is that it sucks.

Go to Qdoba and have yourself a real burrito.

[/ QUOTE ]

at college we had a qdoba. I went there a total of 5 times, for soup every time after the first. The local mex place next door got that many visits every 2 weeks.