PDA

View Full Version : Life Extension Foundation Banner

Mason Malmuth
06-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Hi Everyone:

Some of you may have noticed a new banner from something called the Life Extension Foundation. For those interested it "is a nonprofit organization, whose long-range goal is the radical extension of the healthy human lifespan. In seeking to control aging, our objective is develop methods to enable us to live in health, youth and vigor for unlimited periods of time. The Life Extension Foundation was officially incorporated in 1980, but the founders have been involved in antiaging research since the 1960's."

I have also been a member for over ten years, and I buy a ton of vitmins/nutrients from them. At the poker table, when I start taking my pills, I sometimes refer to them as "drawout pills." Unfortunately, they don't seem to help in that area.

However, their site is filled with a wealth of information and some of you might want to check it out. It comes with my recommendation, and yes, we are acting as an affiliate for them.

Best wishes,
Mason

Easy E
06-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Come back to the light, Mason! Don't let the pills tell you to raise 72off....

RiverMel
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Hmm.. A nonprofit organization with an affiliate program. Well, they did say that their long term goal was the radical extension of healthy human life. Maybe the short term goal is to make crazy cash. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

scalf
06-10-2003, 08:04 AM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif mason took this trip...just a little northwest of vegas...a strange light, a vision...mason ain't been the same since, but neither have we...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Non-profit doesn't mean they don't make surplus money over expenses. It just means they don't distribute that surplus to shareholders in the form of dividends. Sure most NPs tend to reinvest a lot of their surplus in operations, but a healthy portion also goes to bonuses for the executive board.

You live around Boston, right? Are you aware that one of the highest paid CEOs in Boston is the head of Childrens Hospital, a non-profit?

RiverMel
06-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Yah. I knew this already (well, not the specific fact about the CEO of Children's). It was a joke, I was kind of poking fun at Mason's pointing out that the company was non-profit, because it really is more or less irrelevant. (And it's sometimes--as in Mason's post--used to make an organization seem more legitimate than it would otherwise.)

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-10-2003, 03:22 PM
I agree. I'm an unapologetic Capitalist. I believe there's nothing at all wrong with "being in it for the money." That in and of itself doesn't mean you're up to no good.

AceHigh
06-11-2003, 12:36 AM
"founders have been involved in antiaging research since the 1960's"

And....

Are they still aging?

Sorry Mason, it was just too easy.

AceHigh
06-11-2003, 01:10 AM
If the pills don't work am I "drawing dead"?