PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pair PokerRoom Problems

Mercman572
10-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I haven't played on this site in a very long time. I forgot that most players are stupidly aggressive. So they way I play hands like this need to change. Seems most people hit the "raise" button when they should hit fold.
How's the line, how should I adjust? I don't like limping this but at PR it might be warranted.

Texas Hold'em $1-$2 NL (real money), hand #1,401,146,855
Table Brownsville, 25 Oct 2005 8:10 PM ET

Seat 1: Daig
Seat 3: organict
Seat 4: resetdave
Seat 5: fob_exchange
Seat 6: Juggernaut28
Seat 7: jerrwg
Seat 8: hero [ 8S,8D ]
Seat 9: iduunoo
Seat 10: RICK32221
ANTES/BLINDS
organict posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
resetdave calls $1, fob_exchange folds, Juggernaut28 folds, jerrwg folds, <font color="red"> hero bets $5</font>, iduunoo calls $5, RICK32221 calls $5, Daig folds, organict folds, resetdave folds.

FLOP [board cards 10S,4H,2H ]
heo bets $10, iduunoo bets $20, RICK32221 folds, hero folds.
Villain is about 22/0/2 after 20 hands. This particular hand looks like a fold, but I've gotten minraised about 3 times in an hour session. So assume no reads here as well.

Sorry I can't get the converter to work

RED FACE
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Just a question, why don't you like limping here?

I would always limp here and consider check-raising the flop vs a last-to-act stealer. Is this too weak tight for 200NL?

Mercman572
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a question, why don't you like limping here?

I would always limp here and consider check-raising the flop vs a last-to-act stealer. Is this too weak tight for 200NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

the way Pokerroom Titles their binds is weird, its actually $1 BB and 100NL. I'm folded to in MP 2. I feel that open limping in MP2 with 88 or better is VERY weak. That could just be me tho.

Mercman572
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

an build a pot OOP with a marginal holding?

RED FACE
10-25-2005, 09:52 PM
It's purely to cut off a steal attempt. If he calls me then it's often not a steal and I do have to give up. I usually have a tight image and that's important.

Mercman572
10-25-2005, 10:01 PM
its a bad wager at full ring (since metagame consideratios aren't nearly as important). You are betting more than the pot so he has to fold a majority of time for it to be a profitable play

Mercman572
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
anyone else advocate a limp followed by checkraise? or ok as played? or is there a better alternative line not yet mentioned?

Escotme
10-26-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone else advocate a limp followed by checkraise? or ok as played? or is there a better alternative line not yet mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you say that people tend to be overly aggressive at this particular site, shouldn't the right line here be to wait for a solid holding and THEN turn up the aggression? If you (too) play marginal hands aggressively, you're setting yourself up to be stacked.

My humble opinion is limping, folding to a raise (if no reads) and waiting to hit that set or get a power pair in the hole.

Mercman572
10-26-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you say that people tend to be overly aggressive at this particular site, shouldn't the right line here be to wait for a solid holding and THEN turn up the aggression? If you (too) play marginal hands aggressively, you're setting yourself up to be stacked.

My humble opinion is limping, folding to a raise (if no reads) and waiting to hit that set or get a power pair in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, as I stated earlier the way the game seems to play here that might very well be the only feasible line. seems like weak-tight play here can be very profitable, just haven't seen enough to make that adjustment yet.