PDA

View Full Version : PF Question A9s

toss
10-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Table is generally semi-passive. Two loooose limpers EP. You have A9s in UTG+2. If you raise you expect to be coldcalled in one or two spots with the BB often coming too. If you limp many its likely 3 or 4 will limp after you. Someone will raise a fair amount of times maybe (20%-30%) if you limp.

Is it better to raise or overlimp? What about A8s and ATs?

crazygoose
10-25-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't think this is a good spot to raise A8-Ts if you expect to get cold called by at least 2 behind you. You will have almost no fold equity on the flop. I would raise if I knew there was a good chance I would be isolating the limpers and or the blind. I would go for the over limp. Nut flush draw...multiway pot...AA 9 kicker is probably good...

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a good spot to raise A8-Ts if you expect to get cold called by at least 2 behind you. You will have almost no fold equity on the flop. I would raise if I knew there was a good chance I would be isolating the limpers and or the blind. I would go for the over limp. Nut flush draw...multiway pot...AA 9 kicker is probably good...

[/ QUOTE ]

if you expect to be cold called by 2 behind you ATs will have an equity edge, im not sure about the others, but i think they will too, someone can plug in some numbers and figure it out, see SSH for more on why you have to raise ATs here

anyway, i am probly raising all of them, but im not sure if thats right, i know ATs should be raised

JacksonTens
10-25-2005, 08:46 PM
ATs is a raise. But the others I'll overlimp in EP.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

crazygoose
10-25-2005, 08:47 PM
yea you're right.

Piiop
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Raise ATs, limp 9 and 8. I'd be more inclined to raise 9/8 if I was in later position and/or the players behind me were tight (1 is more important than 2). I wouldn't be too happy having a couple players cold-call behind me when I raise with 9/8. T is fine because of its higher kicker, str8, less likely to split, pair of T's more likely to win.

toss
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Would you be more willing to raise with A9s/A8s if the players behind you were tight?