PDA

View Full Version : KJs many handed

DanZ
06-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Here's a hand with some debatable plays.

There is a late blind posted, and a dead blind in the pot. Online 15/30.

I open limp UTG+1 with KcJc. All but 1 player limps after me.

The flop is Js9s3d. The blinds check, and I bet, figuring another jack is likely limping early and will raise me.

It is the straightforward player next to me who raises. His neighbor cold calls, and everyone folds to me. Asa side note, most players would be very straightforward in this spot, with a million players behind them, and the odds I am on a pure bluff exactly zero.

Both opponents respect my play. I call the raise. I debated a 3 bet.

The turn is an interesting card. It's a Qh.

I bet, hoping this will fold or at least freeze the player in the middle. I expect player #3 has a draw given the flop cold call. Another reason I bet was to keep the 3rd player from making a fancy raise to knock me out. Such a raise seemed less likely when no one has to call 2 cold, and the middle player has roughly announced a jack.

The river is an ace. Now I only beat the JT, which I strongly suspect is in the middle player's hand, and I know he will not bet it.

Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dan Z.

Manzanita
06-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Dan,

You forgot to tell us the action on the turn (after you bet out).

-- Manzanita

DanZ
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Meant to stop the description on the turn, as the interesting part were the flop bet, calling vs. 3 betting, and betting the turn.

At any rate, I bet the hand on the turn, and both playters called. The river was an ace, and the hand was checked around.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dan Z.