PDA

View Full Version : I need toy suggestions

MrTrik
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I promised my wife that I'd take some online game earnings and buy a toy or two for the house after a level up. I leveled up with a healthy situation. 'The House' to her means something we'll enjoy together and the 'toy' part means something we'd have to think hard about to justify normally.

My current ideas are:

1. A whirlpool/hot tub and pool
2. A timeshare
3. A cabin in Canada on an Isle (We have a lead on this)
4. A Mediteraenen cruise (2 weeks or more .. Sorry about the spelling)
5. A sailboat

I'm looking for other ideas since my list is short. The cruise could be great since we're talking a two or more week deal with plenty of time in Italy and Greece as well.

arod15
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Whirl pool its the gift that keeps giving
Timeshares have maintnece cost that get annoying and are hard to sell. Also you should add a poll to your post...

Dynasty
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Cue the images of various dildos.

Chobohoya
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
It looks to me like the amount you're willing to spend is not well defined... a whirlpool or a sailboat? How much boat are we talking here? I think knowing the $ amount better will get you better responses.

MrTrik
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like the amount you're willing to spend is not well defined... a whirlpool or a sailboat? How much boat are we talking here? I think knowing the $ amount better will get you better responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are correct. The amount is somewhat open ended. That's part of the challenge. The sailboat would probably be used and large. We're talking great lakes or carribean capable. Something we could spend nights on. The whirlpool also included a pool which is a serious investment since I live on a fully wooded lot that would also need some serious land shaping.

10-25-2005, 07:58 PM
The boat idea is great but experience of my friends who owned 'em was "pain in tha butt." Big commitment.

My wife and I still talk about the cruise we took. Granted, it was back when a cruise was really something (<600 on board). I vote taking a serious look at the cruise. The Med is wonderful! Include a stop on one of the Greek Islands if possible.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I'd go for the cabin in Canada. Do you know anybody with a whirlpool? Do they ever use it? So many people get hot tubs and whirlpools, they use it a few times right away, then they never use them. Timeshares can be a pain in the ass. You're in Minnesota, right? Are you going to take the sailboat out on Lake Superior, or are we talking Lake Minnetonka here? Also, the definition of a boat is: a hole in the water that you dump money into. The cruise sounds like a good time, but... cruises just seem like such a sub-optimal use of money to me.

The Canadian cabin will be an investment for you (especially if you've got an in on a good deal), as well as the gift that keeps on giving. Take your lead on the cabin while you've got it and you can hit up a cruise some other time.

samjjones
10-26-2005, 10:45 AM
http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/gigs/images/gigguide/Chippendales.jpg
Something you both can enjoy.

MrTrik
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The Canadian cabin will be an investment for you (especially if you've got an in on a good deal), as well as the gift that keeps on giving. Take your lead on the cabin while you've got it and you can hit up a cruise some other time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I'm leaning right now. The cruise will eventually happen anyway, but the cabin is a deal that has to happen soon for this deal. It's an older family friend who is having trouble parting with his place but is too old to go there anymore. He's already approached me and the deal sounded good.

sfer
10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Get an au pair.

steelcmg
10-26-2005, 11:20 AM
The cabin is the best idea the boat and whirlpool both take alot of work to keep up.

4_2_it
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
We use the hell out of our Marriott timeshare. Went to Aruba last year, planning on Hawaii next year. PM if you want to discuss the pros and cons of timeshares.

Buying a cabin sounds great if you wan to spend every vacation there. I prefer to move around, especially since I have two kids. Maybe when I am older something like that will appeal to me.

IndieMatty
10-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Cabin in CANADA!~ What area? Thousand Islands?

dcasper70
10-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Timeshares in general are not getting a fair shake here...

I have had nothing but fantastic experiences with mine and I know many people who really take full advantage of the trading opportunities that timeshares offer.

The Mariott system is awesome! I've used it (through the in-laws) a few times and would definitely recommend looking into it.
Las Vegas is booming with insane timeshare deals lately. Also worth checking out.