PDA

View Full Version : Loose play pre-flop(help)

10-25-2005, 07:14 PM
How does one get a good read on people, post-flop, who will
play anything pre-flop. thanks
Chris

A_C_Slater
10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Telepathy

SoftcoreRevolt
10-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Your read is "Plays bad cards will likely call down with bottom pair, MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY"

Alex/Mugaaz
10-26-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does one get a good read on people, post-flop, who will
play anything pre-flop. thanks
Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't without playing with them a while and figuring out how they bet certain types of hands and then narrowing down hand ranges that way. The only other technique is to determine a XXX strong technique based on how agressive he is with certain strength hands. Loose play's advantage is making hand reading difficult.

10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
thank you alex. I guess there is no substitute for time spent playing with a group, when it comes to comes to reading their post-flop play.

I mostly play online and,as you know, most people (at the lower limits) play anything pre-flop. I tend to do well there.

My problem has been at a home-game. I typicaly make money, but i know there is much room for improvement. One of the guys has said he will always see the flop,and that is the general consensus. This game SHOULD net a great return.
My probe bets get 6 callers on a full table. My cut off bet(pot sized bet- to reduce odds) get 3 or 4 caller. It has been tuff getting and idea were i am in the hand.

Thanks
Chris

Mike
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
In my experience you generally can discount them in the round unless the board has a runner runner straight of any type or a flush draw and they get excited.

Don't give a free card. You want them to have the opportunity to fold like they should. Overall you come out on top.

Watch out for trappers, they thrive in this type of game. Once you identify any trappers, they are mostly harmless to you.