PDA

View Full Version : How should I think about this?

Skuzzy
10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
All stacks 100BB

Hero is button with 77

Loose player with FPS raises $4 from EP
average player calls in MP
hero calls
BB calls

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($17)

BB checks, EP checks, MP bets $5, Hero ?

I hate this spot - its one i always have trouble with. I have a marginal made hand given the flop. The small bet could indicate a weaker pair but more likely is a draw. I don't want to be building a pot with so few outs. So do I call it down and hope no diamond hits? I hate being weak when I think I'm ahead. What should my standard line be here?

gol4pro
10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
2 good options.

1) call and lead 2/3 pot on safe turn.

2) CR to 25ish, and give up if called.

Kyriefurro
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Fold.

A hand like 77 is played mainly for set value, especially after a raise. You missed your set, and even if you're good now (and there's a good chance you're not), you're way too vulnerable.

Yes villain is loose, and yes he's aggressive and likes to trap (least that's what I define as FPS). However, he raised pre-flop. Unless you've seen him do that without complete air, he's got some sort of half-way decent hand. The small flop bet could be a CB, but if he really has FPS, it could also just as easily be an attempt to sucker you into calling against his trip or quad tens.

RED FACE
10-25-2005, 05:54 PM
put your opponent on 88, cold call, present the T on the turn - hopefully he bets again. If any one else calls you go into check fold mode.

edit: don't know what "FPS" is, help?

10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
With players behind you yet to act and so many turn cards that pretty much will make you fold against further displays of strength, I toss this one very quickly into the muck.

Dumle

10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Hero has the button.

Dumle

10-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Fancy Play Syndrome.

Dumle

Bukem_
10-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Raise flop, bet turn, check river.

Skuzzy
10-25-2005, 07:40 PM
You state this like its standard. This is one of many situations where I squirm. Can you give your reasoning. I'd appreciate it.

Bukem_
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You state this like its standard. This is one of many situations where I squirm. Can you give your reasoning. I'd appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not standard, but you have a lot going for you in this hand.

YOu are the button-you should win this hand.

No one has shown any interest in the hand.

Sb could be trapping, but most likely he missed. If he called I'd be concerned and check turn. EP probably has missed overcards, you don't want him to peel here. MP looks like he has a weak hand, you want it HU with him.

TheWorstPlayer
10-25-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop, bet turn, check river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skuzzy
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks Bukem.

I think this is a spot where I see monsters. I imagine hands like TJ, ATs, JJ+ all planning to reraise. I imagine that one of the EP players will CR my bet. Then I remember that even a draw could call me and hit. Too many negative thoughts so I bail.

Someone needs to stencil POSITION onto my screen.

10-25-2005, 08:45 PM
this looks almost exactly like a hand I had yesterday - whatever pair the other guy had (I'll use the 77 of our hero) he called - turn came 7 giving him boat - he bets like 10 I call - river is 10 -
I had A-10 and took him for everything.....