PDA

View Full Version : Should I move in w/ Drug Dealers?

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Its just weed.... But they sell alot.

10-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Where do you live? I need a new connection.

send_the_msg
where's the next door option?

bosoxfan
this isn't going to end well

samjjones
I was going to type "YSSCKY", but instead I simply voted "Yes" in the poll.

IndieMatty
I don't see any issue.

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Santa Cruz

peachy
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
ur a moron to even consider it....

10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes.

arod15
10-25-2005, 05:08 PM
No, what if they get robbed? If they get arrested you will be in trouble too for not turning them in...

Boris
It will drive you nuts guaranteed. You will have people stopping by 24/7 and some times they will be real a-holes. When you are not home you will be paranoid about some stranger stealing [censored] from your room. Plus you might get busted by the cops and they will just assume you are part of The Crew.

Crimson
Ok, lets elaborate.

1 drug dealer, he sells weed, just got out of the USMC.
Makes about 6K a week, and they said they would let me rent the room for 200/mnth.

If he seriously got into trouble, could they do anything to me?

Bradyams
If you want honest answers you need to supply more information. What makes this place so great? Need to know more about the dealers. What are your other options? There are many factors that go into a decision like this.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Too many nerds here. Here are your issues. Do people come to the house to buy? Then I would say no; just because it's a hassle and you'll end up helping them out when they aren't around.

peachy
10-25-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, lets elaborate.

1 drug dealer, he sells weed, just got out of the USMC.
Makes about 6K a week, and they said they would let me rent the room for 200/mnth.

If he seriously got into trouble, could they do anything to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

uuuumm legally yes....and then u could spend thousands higher a good lawyer trying to get u out of the trouble and probably go to jail with them anyway....OR when they get robbed or in trouble with another type of person - they wont care who u are and do the same to u that they do to ur buddies

TJSWAN
10-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Do you work a regular job? Are you a student? If the answer to either of these is yes, then I think you might get tired of the people coming and going all the time. I'm 40 now, but speak from past experience where I used to hang out at those kind of places.

Tim /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Im a student, and people dont come to the house to buy.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
It will drive you nuts guaranteed. You will have people stopping by 24/7 and some times they will be real a-holes. When you are not home you will be paranoid about some stranger stealing [censored] from your room. Plus you might get busted by the cops and they will just assume you are part of The Crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this might not be the case, if the dude just keeps it there and distributes to a few salesman then who cares?

If people know to "go to vinny's place for quality cheeba" then it's a definite "no".

Aytumious
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sells 6k of weed per week and people aren't stopping over to buy it?

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sells 6k of weed per week and people aren't stopping over to buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the main guy it sounds like; remember the weed go's through several hands before it get's to the actual smoker.

Anyway, this answers my question. Get packing man. Move in.

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
His girlfriend has 14 plants, she deals in KBs and LB's, the smallest he sells are O's.

TJSWAN
10-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Then I might consider it, $200 is a pretty good deal.

Tim

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Thats the thing, rent around here is 800/month, im a student, living with my anut (im 18) and i wanna get out. They guys are way cool, and we hang out alot.

I dont smoke either....

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
If he gets caught (or I should say "when he gets caught") and the cops search the house and find drugs, you will most likely be charged as well. First offense: Up to a year in jail and $1000.00 fine. Be smart about this.

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok ok ok... I was leaning twoards no, but, 200/mth was so inviting.... eh, guess i needed a little flaming.

send_the_msg
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats the thing, rent around here is 800/month, im a student, living with my anut (im 18) and i wanna get out. They guys are way cool, and we hang out alot.

I dont smoke either....

[/ QUOTE ]

this will change

TJSWAN
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I dont smoke either....

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I remember the last time I said that I was 18 and at a Rush concert. For that matter it's amazing I can remember that /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Tim

CollinEstes
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
If this was the Drug Dealer then I would say HELL YES.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/showtime/weeds/mary_louise_parker/weeds_seliger.jpg

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this was the Drug Dealer then I would say HELL YES.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/showtime/weeds/mary_louise_parker/weeds_seliger.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I love her.

mslif
[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok ok... I was leaning twoards no, but, 200/mth was so inviting.... eh, guess i needed a little flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

$200.00/month is not worth a criminal record, jail, being baba's bitch, fines, probation, disappointing your family, screwing up college...

CollinEstes
Me too Indie, me too.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$200.00/month is not worth a criminal record, jail, being baba's bitch, fines, probation, disappointing your family, screwing up college...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not selling the drugs, he is not in possession. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in multi dwelling drug raids, only one man has gotten taken in. He is in no risk, especially since NO ONE COMES OVER.

Hell, 25th hour, they only take in Ed Norton.

10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes. If the polce raid the house and you are there or just live there...you WILL have a very hard time convincing them that you are not involved.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Me too Indie, me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since she's been banging...man. whew. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

RunDownHouse
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Quick hijack: I only smoked a few times, all while I was in college. Looking back, I regret not dealing weed. I had the connections, and I would had to have tried very hard or been very stupid to get caught. Easy side income with little risk. Oh well.

gamblore99
10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
you need to elaborate. What are your other options. As it stands, it is a bad idea.

I wouldn't think drug dealers are the most honest of characters. Any [censored] goes down, they may very well try shift some of the blame towards you. And wouldn't you get in trouble just for living with them?

Why are they offering you the room for only 200 a month? Sounds SKETCHY, especially when they are dealing 6k worth a week.

10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Why does he need / want a roomate if he's making so much money?

10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
higher a good lawyer

[/ QUOTE ]

This takes the cake.

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not selling the drugs, he is not in possession. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in multi dwelling drug raids, only one man has gotten taken in. He is in no risk, especially since NO ONE COMES OVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience has been that they take everybody. I was married to a cop for 5 years who was also a swat team officer. Plenty of raids, everybody gets taken in. This drug dealer might say that it is crimson's weed and not his to save his own ass, who knows??? I would not take that chance.

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quick hijack: I only smoked a few times, all while I was in college. Looking back, I regret not dealing weed. I had the connections, and I would had to have tried very hard or been very stupid to get caught. Easy side income with little risk. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most dealers are stupid and open their big mouth to brag about much money they make blah blah blah, that's why they get caught.

Crimson
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
One of the guys that lives there (not the dealer) parents own the place, so they make their son/his buddies pay 800/mth for a 2bed/2bath house.

2 car garage has been turned into a sweet little studio, and there is a mobile home/trailer thing on the property w/ internet access, cable, etc, that they are also renting out.

200/mth

My other options are get a real job instead of just p*k*r, pay 600-800/mth for a smaller place.

10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

tom441lbk
10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
move on in

evil_twin
10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
If the guys in the house smoke all the time then don't move in. You'll end up smoking all the time and before you know it you'll be 30+ and have never done anything with your life.

If they don't smoke it all the time themselves and people don't come to the house to collect I don't see a problem.

10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
anybody answering "yes" to this poll has clearly never been there when the cops busted in on his roomates for selling weed.

(except IndieMatty, I guess)

jaydub
10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People not coming over does not mean no risk. Here is the chain of events that lead to dealers getting arrested.

1. Dealer sells to stupid kid.
2. Stupid kid gets busted and when threatened with prison time by the big scary officers, he gives up dealer.

This can happen once or be repeated a few times depending on the area but inevitably we get to the next steps.

3. Cops take interest in dealer.
4. Cops bust dealer.

When the cops bust the dealer, it is often in the form of a search warrant. They find relatively large quantities of drugs, baggies, scales and such leading to a possession with intent to distribute charge. This is where OP may be ok, the cops know who they want and are not idiots. HOWEVER, they may decide to arrest everyone and depending on a whole lot of factors, they may conclude that OP has been assisting in the enterprise. If they decide this, OP is [censored].

Supporting your reasoning by citing a movie is just silly and makes me unwilling to take much of what you say seriously.

Cancuk
10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't/don't have a problem with it.

You're young and live in Santa Cruz? Where else are you going to live?

Dale
10-25-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the guys that lives there (not the dealer) parents own the place, so they make their son/his buddies pay 800/mth for a 2bed/2bath house.

2 car garage has been turned into a sweet little studio, and there is a mobile home/trailer thing on the property w/ internet access, cable, etc, that they are also renting out.

200/mth

My other options are get a real job instead of just p*k*r, pay 600-800/mth for a smaller place.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's making $6k per month, needs your $200, you figure you're getting the story, and you're considering this, AND you play poker? This is too good to be true. Could you please post all your usernames on all the poker sites?

Dale
10-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I have been, 20+ years ago.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People not coming over does not mean no risk. Here is the chain of events that lead to dealers getting arrested.

2. Stupid kid gets busted and when threatened with prison time by the big scary officers, he gives up dealer.

This can happen once or be repeated a few times depending on the area but inevitably we get to the next steps.

4. Cops bust dealer.

When the cops bust the dealer, it is often in the form of a search warrant. They find relatively large quantities of drugs, baggies, scales and such leading to a possession with intent to distribute charge. This is where OP may be ok, the cops know who they want and are not idiots. HOWEVER, they may decide to arrest everyone and depending on a whole lot of factors, they may conclude that OP has been assisting in the enterprise. If they decide this, OP is [censored].

Supporting your reasoning by citing a movie is just silly and makes me unwilling to take much of what you say seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not living in the house.

Blarg
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
I've roomed with drug dealers before. The can be as nice as anyone else, and more financially responsible than most.

The problem is, if they go down, you go down, for sure. Drugs aren't an issue that has anything to do with fairness in this country. Tell the judge you weren't involved, even if everyone backs you up, and it will go nowhere. Whatever they're guilty of, you're guilty of.

And if the house gets torn up and has things seized, that's going to affect your life too.

On a more day to day level, you'll have to get used to people coming in and out of your place all the time, including many you would rather not even see, much less let into your place. Keep your stuff well hidden and your room door locked. Be sure to have a separate phone, as you don't want to have to answer the phone for pot inquiries and arrangements every five minutes. It gets really old really fast.

And prepare to have your food unaccountably disappear on a regular basis, and without being paid back for it. Come home late and hungry and not wanting to cook, and it can be a pisser than your food just got crammed down someone else's face, and without so much as a thank you.

A_C_Slater
10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

200/mth

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's making $6k per month, needs your $200, you figure you're getting the story, and you're considering this, AND you play poker? This is too good to be true. Could you please post all your usernames on all the poker sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read through this whole thread and can't believe it took someone this long to mention this point.

Why would he need $200 a month from a roomate when he makes $6000 a week? It seems to me I'd rather have the extra space, as I'd be wiping my ass with hundred dollar bills.

Blarg
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to elaborate. What are your other options. As it stands, it is a bad idea.

I wouldn't think drug dealers are the most honest of characters. Any [censored] goes down, they may very well try shift some of the blame towards you. And wouldn't you get in trouble just for living with them?

Why are they offering you the room for only 200 a month? Sounds SKETCHY, especially when they are dealing 6k worth a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not a drug dealer friend I can remember who I wouldn't trust or that didn't seem to be at least of the moral caliber of most anyone else I've known. Being a drug dealer doesn't mean being a bad guy in reality, just according to law.

Offering to rent a room to him for that cheap does sound extremely weird, but it could be honestly giving him a hand, and friendship. It sounds like basically a token sum to someone making 6k a week. I'm sure he could spend that in a night or two or screwing around on the town, easy.

10-25-2005, 06:59 PM
1. Move in
2. Contact narcotics squad and become a CI aka snitch
3. Coordinate a bust with the cops
4. The day of the bust when your roomie is taking a crap, go find his cash stash and steal it all; store it offsite
5. When the cops come in, act surprised
6. Take the ride downtown, but have the narcotics detectives pull you out before central booking, and kick you loose.
7. Move out that afternoon before they make bail

This is +EV. The roomies will think the cops took the cash.

Blarg
10-25-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4. Cops bust dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on all points.

Blarg
10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Move in
2. Contact narcotics squad and become a CI aka snitch
3. Coordinate a bust with the cops
4. The day of the bust when your roomie is taking a crap, go find his cash stash and steal it all; store it offsite
5. When the cops come in, act surprised
6. Take the ride downtown, but have the narcotics detectives pull you out before central booking, and kick you loose.
7. Move out that afternoon before they make bail

This is +EV. The roomies will think the cops took the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, did you write a movie about this?

RacersEdge
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
He makes $300K a year, and he's looking to make an extra $2400 by renting out a room? Very suspicious. Stay away kid.

Hoopster81
10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this will change

[/ QUOTE ]

Hamish McBagpipe
10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Does the front entrance have a cage like in Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels? If so, I say take it.

Voltron87
10-25-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've roomed with drug dealers before. The can be as nice as anyone else, and more financially responsible than most.

The problem is, if they go down, you go down, for sure. Drugs aren't an issue that has anything to do with fairness in this country. Tell the judge you weren't involved, even if everyone backs you up, and it will go nowhere. Whatever they're guilty of, you're guilty of.

And if the house gets torn up and has things seized, that's going to affect your life too.

On a more day to day level, you'll have to get used to people coming in and out of your place all the time, including many you would rather not even see, much less let into your place. Keep your stuff well hidden and your room door locked. Be sure to have a separate phone, as you don't want to have to answer the phone for pot inquiries and arrangements every five minutes. It gets really old really fast.

And prepare to have your food unaccountably disappear on a regular basis, and without being paid back for it. Come home late and hungry and not wanting to cook, and it can be a pisser than your food just got crammed down someone else's face, and without so much as a thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you.know.everything.

nyc999
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Seriously, this guy is selling relatively large amounts of weed. Not only could he be caught, but it sounds like he is supplying multiple dealers - and obvioulsy connected to a bigger fish. Stay away

Subfallen
10-25-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you.know.everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Blarg wrote an autobiography, I would read it. That is all.

d10
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anybody answering "yes" to this poll has clearly never been there when the cops busted in on his roomates for selling weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is not true.

Klepton
10-25-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bullshit, even if this is santa cruz, there's no way someone is moving that much, and if he is, you DO NOT want to be living with him.

that much money starts turning people into killers.

wacki
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't think drug dealers are the most honest of characters.

[/ QUOTE ]

a famous quote:

"To live outside the law you must be honest."

I've spent lots of time in everything to orthodox religious circles, elite academia, and hanging out with everybody from marines to drug dealers.

The most honest man I know was a drug dealer.

willie
10-25-2005, 07:47 PM
no goddamn way
1. they might get jacked (you'd be caught in there regardless of lack of involvement)

2. they might get raided/arrested if something goes down, once again, you might get dragged inr egardless of actual activity.

free pot? i'd rather have peace of mind.

raisins
10-25-2005, 07:50 PM
No one can answer this for you.

Here are some things to think about. If he is grossing 6K a week then he is selling somewhere around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. a week. In QPs and Os that's a good number of transactions. If he is netting 6K a week then he is selling at least 3lbs and maybe 5. That's a lot more transactions. Obviously the more transactions the more people know. Apparently, there are 4 of you and the dealer is one of the renters from one of your other roommate's parents. Having more roommates means more people know. These are all negatives. For me, one of the most important factors would be how risk averse I judged all of these people to be. Do they keep their mouth shut? Does pretty much everyone know what's going on? How many others know about his girl's grow?

Go to a large bookstore and check out Marijuana Law by Richard Glen Boire. Look at what the state penalties are for the amount of weight he may be holding at the place. See how those penalties are effected by a quantity of cash also found at the location. Does he keep the cash there? Does your buddy have a gun? How about the roommates? In many states that will increase the possible penalties. Almost certainly he is holding weights that will trigger mandatory minimums in federal court. It is very unlikely that the feds would get involved in a case that small but become aware of all the possibilities. California is one of the most liberal states when it comes to marijuana laws so that is a positive and I think Santa Cruz can also be considered liberal. That being said there is a limit as to how liberal anyone is going to get with felonies.

How aggressive is the crowd around all your roommates? Violence is not real common around weed dealers but a robbery (different from a burglary) is much worse than a bust. A sketchy crowd would be a factor I would consider especially since I think the smart play for a dealer is to not own a gun.

It's a gamble. If you accept that things can break bad and the likelihood of that happening then you have your answer. Make sure that you are OK with the penalties before you go into it. Educate yourself, think through the consequences and then allow your gut to tell you whether this is a risk that is right or wrong for you.

regards,

raisins

B Dids
10-25-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He makes $300K a year, and he's looking to make an extra $2400 by renting out a room? Very suspicious. Stay away kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument doesn't float.

If you've got an extra room and can make more money by renting it out, why the hell not?

RunDownHouse
10-25-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What, you think he's going to roll OP and take his stuff? That doesn't fly by your logic. What exactly should OP be "suspicious" of?

There are a number of concerns, but I don't think a single one of them involves the drug dealer stealing stuff from OP.

Also, it sounded to me like the OP was going to live in the trailer on the property, not the main house. This changes things.

10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
I live in BC. I have been in and around several growshows. 14 plants will not produce enough to profit 6 g's a week. The prices are pretty high in cali i suppose, but still, mark ups between pounds to ounces arent that high with bud. You cant exactly step on it like with powder.

He could still be moving other peoples stuff but i think he is just throwing random numbers at you to impress you. Im sure he has had weeks where he Profits 6 g's but i would suspect that coincides with his girlfriend's harvest.

The other people in this thread are on point, its not worth the trouble to save the rent. Dont [censored] with your freedom.

BigBaitsim (milo)
10-25-2005, 09:00 PM
When police bust a house, they often take everyone. You may be let go, but why take the risk. This has to be the single dumbest idea I've ever heard.

scrub
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bullshit, even if this is santa cruz, there's no way someone is moving that much, and if he is, you DO NOT want to be living with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton is wise.

I can't believe I just said that.

scrub

Victor
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant make a lot of money selling weed and you its a huge hassle.

Victor
10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have dealt drugs before. whenever a roommate moved in with me we always split the rent evenly. so, if rent was 1200 and there were 3 of us then we each payed 400. is this really that unbelievable?

Victor
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i pretty much agree with this. you can buy 1.5 lbs for 6k but i have a hard time believing he is netting 6k bc the profit margin for weed is pretty small even if you are growing.

Matt Flynn
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
this is fucktarded.

Joey Legend
10-26-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAD IDEA JEANS

4_2_it
10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Go for it. Of course, I'm assuming your idea of fun is taking group showers with rapists, thieves and murderers at Chino.

Lazymeatball
10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most dealers are stupid and open their big mouth to brag about much money they make blah blah blah, that's why they get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

most dealers who get caught. Everyone assumes this dealer will get caught. It is more in the actual dealers best interest to not get caught then it is in the roommate's best interest. There are lots of dealers who don't get caught.

The OP needs to ascertain the risk involved with this character, and $200/mo sounds pretty sweet. So like that other guy said, why does a guy who pulls in 6k/week need a roommate?

B Dids
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton is wise.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much more likely that the dealer is lying about his earn though.

IndieMatty
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton is wise.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I was merely trying to stir the pot, you guys all realize this is most likely the case, and the OP wouldn't be living in the actual house right? All of you are far far too "scurred".

Crimson
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Im gonna do it. Ill make another post if Anything happens. Wish me luck.

RacersEdge
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What, you think he's going to roll OP and take his stuff? That doesn't fly by your logic. What exactly should OP be "suspicious" of?

There are a number of concerns, but I don't think a single one of them involves the drug dealer stealing stuff from OP.

Also, it sounded to me like the OP was going to live in the trailer on the property, not the main house. This changes things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more in terms of a frame up or just gettng OP involved - maybe asking him to make some deliveries - or just - "give this bag to the guy who comes by tonight".

IndieMatty
10-26-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna do it. Ill make another post if Anything happens. Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Congrats!

samjjones
10-26-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna do it. My court appointed lawyer will make another post if Anything happens. Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

4_2_it
10-26-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna do it. You will see a well-written obituary about the dangers of drugs that will serve as a potent warning to the youth of America in your local newspaper if anything happens. Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Maulik
10-26-2005, 03:53 PM
this is stupid. it starts with weed...

Blarg
10-26-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna do it. You will see a poorly-written panic piece about the non-existent dangers of pot that will serve as a worthless warning and familiar source of amusement to the less than incredibly gullible youth of America in your local newspaper even if nothing happens. Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jaydub
10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a tool

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a tool

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a tool

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a tool

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
10-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Damn, that was so totally awesome.

jaydub
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Nahh, it was only slightly less gay than a fyp but that [censored] annoys me.

Blarg
10-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Me too.

Crimson
10-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Once again, a bit more info, as it has become apparent to me.

He is only going to profit about 1200$/week now
No one is coming to the house
He is living in the trailer on the property, not in the house with the other roomies

Seemed enough to make it worth it for a prime spot at 200/month.

Klepton
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again, a bit more info, as it has become apparent to me.

He is only going to profit about 1200$/week now
No one is coming to the house
He is living in the trailer on the property, not in the house with the other roomies

Seemed enough to make it worth it for a prime spot at 200/month.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey guess what...he's not just selling weed.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
If you want to live in a place that smells like Cheech Marin's dick, I guess.

cwsiggy
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Most definitely a meth lab.

mason55
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Man... Before reading this thread I thought it was pretty normal to live with at least one drug dealer at all times in college....

Crimson
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Thank you, I didnt think it was that odd for someone to be selling a bit of Pot...

Crimson
10-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Why not? He gets an O from his girlfriend for 200 bucks, splits it up and makes about 600-700 bucks in profit.

2 o's a week=1200 bucks

mmcd
10-26-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man... Before reading this thread I thought it was pretty normal to live with at least one drug dealer at all times in college....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

I don't believe all these people talking about him getting arrested/going to prison etc. I especially liked the comment about some stupid kid getting busted with weed and the cops "putting the screws to him" to find out who his dealer is. It's amazing how many people can't differentiate between reality and television. Of the dozens and dozens of people I knew/know who have sold weed (myself included) exactly none of them have ever been arrested for it. There's no buzz going around that somehow makes its way to the authorities who then decide to investigate/get search warrants. Nobody cares. You'd have to be seriously retarded to get yourself in big trouble moving weed.

Klepton
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, I didnt think it was that odd for someone to be selling a bit of Pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

1200/week is not a bit of pot, that's 6 pounds a month

Crimson
10-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Who you buying weed from?

A pound is about 5k in profit....

Klepton
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not going to contribute to this thread anymore, have fun.

Voltron87
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
a pound of weed can be worth any number of values, depending on where you are or how good it is. there is no "price for a pound of weed"

Blarg
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Some weed is so bad the dealer should pay YOU to smoke it.

Crimson
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice cop out.

Crimson
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I know, i meant he makes about 5k in profit per pound.

Klepton
10-26-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice cop out.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would happen if the dealer found out about this thread, would he be happy?

mmcd
10-26-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he is unloading everything in ounces, a pound wouldn't even be 5k gross. And he is very probably selling more QPs than ounces. How much profit depends on how good his connection is. I knew a kid in college that moved 3-5 pounds a week mostly in QPs. This is probably what your friend is doing.

10-26-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who you buying coke from?

[/ QUOTE ]
Or
[ QUOTE ]

A pound is significantly less than 5k....

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is he pulls 500-750 per lb. If he grew it he wouldn't even make 5k in profits per lb.

OtisTheMarsupial
10-27-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ] yup.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is obviously dependant on several factors.

etc...

xorbie
10-27-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know, i meant he makes about 5k in profit per pound.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even if he solid it 1/8 at a time he couldn't even gross more than about $5.5k, so how can 90% of that be profit?

10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Soviet Russia, weed smokes you!

Notorious G.O.B.
10-27-2005, 01:20 AM
I am not kidding, I was going to say the same damn thing.

KDawgCometh
10-27-2005, 01:28 AM
as someone who used to have that as a job, we're cool people for the most part. Its all about the money, and most herb dealers are aight dudes. you'll also get discounted weed, or free weed, which is always a benefit

scrub
10-27-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton is wise.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant Klepton is wise because (1) his post starts out by pointing out that it's extremely unlikely that the guy is making that much money and (2) if he's not lying, it's a terrible idea to be living with him, and would be even if he had no chance of getting arrested.

scrub

KDawgCometh
10-27-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, and I spent time, as long as the guys have their [censored] together, its no biggie

edit: I only spent a weekend in county. everyone else in the house that had no connection to my biz was fine in the end

Blarg
10-27-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Soviet Russia, weed smokes you!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this was stupid, but I had to laugh.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Makes about 6K a week

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton is wise.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant Klepton is wise because (1) his post starts out by pointing out that it's extremely unlikely that the guy is making that much money and (2) if he's not lying, it's a terrible idea to be living with him, and would be even if he had no chance of getting arrested.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, but the real reason is from a story my brother told me while he was in college in sf.

some guy that shant barely knew would always tewll people how he's made so much money from selling drugs (i don't think it was just weed). if you went to his house he would show you the $50,000 in cash.

he got robbed, but he wasn't even home, his roomate was, and she got a gun put to her head by 3 masked men. and he couldn't go to the cops.

yeah no thanx, i'll pass on the whole 'living with drug dealer' thing

mason55
10-27-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

thank you, but the real reason is from a story my brother told me while he was in college in sf.

some guy that shant barely knew would always tewll people how he's made so much money from selling drugs (i don't think it was just weed). if you went to his house he would show you the $50,000 in cash.

he got robbed, but he wasn't even home, his roomate was, and she got a gun put to her head by 3 masked men. and he couldn't go to the cops.

yeah no thanx, i'll pass on the whole 'living with drug dealer' thing

[/ QUOTE ]

go steal a bike or something.

Girchuck
10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Come on
There are several posters on this board who make 6K a week.
I can only assume that they are well-mannered and polite and not at all killers (except maybe stone killers)

teamdonkey
10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: I only spent a weekend in county. everyone else in the house that had no connection to my biz was fine in the end

[/ QUOTE ]

how could they not be? why are so many people in this thread saying its a bad idea because the police will bust you? Usually, if im not breaking the law, i don't worry too much about being convicted. Whats the worst case scenario there, he get arrested and spends the night in jail?

It also sounds like the dealer is one of the renters, he's not the one getting OPs $200/month.

It's cheap, the guy is (supposedly) only selling weed, and is in a different building. OP will be fine. He's renting a room, not marrying the guy... if it's not what he expects then he can move out.