PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 nl live

meleader2
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
effective stack sizes:

hero: ~150$
villain: ~400$

villain is to my right and has raised every hand the past 15 hands, is very aggressive and has shown many bluffs called to showdown...

i'm dealt 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button, and like clockwork villain makes it 7$. i call, and so do 3 others.

flop (32$ after rake):

4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to villain who bets 20$, i think and make it 50$. all folds but villain, whom calls.

turn (131$ after rake):

[4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

he checks, i check

river:

[4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif] 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

i really really hoped he hit something here, but he checked i made it 80$ he laid it down after saying nice flush.

my real question is my turn action. i feel as if i should've bet, but earlier when i bet 45$ on the turn after raising to 50$ on a semi bluff after missing my flush he laid it down, so i thought he woulda tossed away his A7o or some crap like that.

don't question my preflop play.

RED FACE
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Isn't this a case of hindsight being 20/20. The turn check is fine especially given the chips you have left. He probably had zilch and would've folded no matter what. He's just being a donkey w his comment.

You've got 95 left on a 130 pot on the turned boat. Options as I see them,
1)check
2)same size(50)

If you like to act and he watches, you could'a tried something fancy like,
3) glance at your chips and say with a little bit of strength, "30".
The bet doesn't make sense but that might be all you need to send this guy into bluff mode. It is live, after all.

4_2_it
10-25-2005, 04:52 PM
There is no question on your pre-flop play: It sucked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But since you asked, no way villain has you on those rags. You should push the turn and make it look like you are pushing out a draw since it is highly unlikely villain is on a draw. Your turn check screams flush draw and your river bet validates it.

meleader2
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no question on your pre-flop play: It sucked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But since you asked, no way villain has you on those rags. You should push the turn and make it look like you are pushing out a draw since it is highly unlikely villain is on a draw. Your turn check screams flush draw and your river bet validates it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ur right. either what RED FACE said to get more money in, or exactly what you said. it seems transparent that i was on the flush draw.

thanks for the advice