PDA

View Full Version : Getting played back at with PPs (Bellagio 30/60)

ShawnHoo
10-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Good game a couple of weeks ago. Villain is a young spiky-haired guy with an iPod who seems to be one of the best players at the table. My read prior to Hand #1 is that he was tight-aggressive; he seemed to get a little wilder prior to Hand #2.

Hand #1:

Folded to me in MP with QQ. I raise, folded to Villain in SB who 3-bets, BB folds, I call with the intention of raising a ragged flop.

Flop: Kxx

Bet, call.

Turn: x

Bet, call.

River: x

Check, check.

Hand #2: Folded to Villain in LP who raises. Bad maniac 3-bets in the CO, SB folds, I 4-bet in the BB with KK, Villain caps, CO calls.

Flop: xxx

I bet, Villain raises, CO folds, I call.

Turn: A

Check, bet, call.

River: x

Check, bet, call.

nubs
10-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm not a midstakes player but i think you should bet the river in the first hand. He isnt checking a king there and you will get paid off by lower pocket pairs.

DcifrThs
10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
use your position better. each has aspects that can be used.

Hand 1: clear river bet after he checks. this is where the value of position matters a great deal. further, with QQ i like to cap pf or atleast reraise again.

Hand 2: since you're out of position here, i like to play it faster on the flop. 3 bet the villian. if he continues to show aggression, simply call down. the A is a great card for you if he 4bets your 3bet. its a great card for you regardless b/c it reduces the probability he has AA.

simply call it down. but play the flop faster.

Barron

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
i would 4 bet in hand 1, but i understand your reason not to, but you should definately bet the river

in hand 2, i would 3-bet the flop against a bad maniac, if he raises when the ace comes, call down

lil feller
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Hand 1:

Not 4 betting preflop is pretty bad. Given that you didn't I like the flop and the turn, the river is an easy bet.

Hand 2:

I've been trying to add some river folds to my game, and I think is one spot where i'd probably find one.

piggity
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
I dunno, there seems to be a whole lotta info missing when the boards are described as "Kxxxx" and "xxxAx"...

psyduck
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
hand 1: cap preflop, CLEAR river bet

hand 2: 3-bet flop and lead turn

10-25-2005, 11:12 PM
hand 1 does anybody raise the flop?

10-26-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: cap preflop, CLEAR river bet

hand 2: 3-bet flop and lead turn

[/ QUOTE ]